Tac Ops Rifles

Target Sports USA had bunch in stock. Anyone know a legitimate site that has it at a better price than $687.50 for 500 rd case?

Me! Not much better but I'm a Hide commercial supporter! Can do $650 per case of 500 rds delivered if guys can do non-CC payment. Will end up being close to the same as the cheapest out there all in after others tax and shipping.

Last edited:
My favorite part. Could be shorter, but it’s already a fair bit shorter than a lot of what was out there when it launched.
I e shot @TheOE800 Tac/KMW colab and I have little girl small hands. I found I could get a good..eh, maybe not total 90 degree trigger but close.

I loved shooting that rifle but my SS checks won’t cover any of Mike’s stuff. lol.

Cheers

I've never had the chance to put my hands on a TacOps rifle, what's the grippy material on the stock? Some kind of grip tape or a stippling melted into the stock shell?

I've never had the chance to put my hands on a TacOps rifle, what's the grippy material on the stock? Some kind of grip tape or a stippling melted into the stock shell?

marine Tex basically thats added to the stock for texture. nearly indestructible and very comfortable

Avoid holding, or worse, shooting a Tac Ops at all costs... Unless you are ready to look down your nose at your other rifles and own one! Functional artwork, about as near to mechanical perfection as I have seen. It is like a Stradivarius violin, yes it is a violin but also so much more.

Avoid holding, or worse, shooting a Tac Ops at all costs... Unless you are ready to look down your nose at your other rifles and own one! Functional artwork, about as near to mechanical perfection as I have seen. It is like a Stradivarius violin, yes it is a violin but also so much more.
Negative. You can't accidentally shoot your eye out with a violin. You can with a TacOps

• Haha
Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Hey guys this isn't a good news post. :(

We all know how much @MikeRTacOps contributes to the long-range LEO and snipers hide community.
The help and support he gives to random people on here is too much to list.

Well, a friend of his just passed away from cancer at only 47, Gonzalo Galvez.

He was an LA County Sheriff, and member of the SEB (Special Enforcement Bureau).
If you aren't familiar, they handle the most dangerous warrants and situations in all of LA county.
Later on he went over to the ESD, which serve as the tactical paramedics for the SEB.

Here is a QR code with a link to help out his family.
Anything is much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Hey guys this isn't a good news post. :(

We all know how much @MikeRTacOps contributes to the long-range LEO and snipers hide community.
The help and support he gives to random people on here is too much to list.

Well, a friend of his just passed away from cancer at only 47, Gonzalo Galvez.

He was an LA County Sheriff, and member of the SEB (Special Enforcement Bureau).
If you aren't familiar, they handle the most dangerous warrants and situations in all of LA county.
Later one he went over to the ESD, which serve as the tactical paramedics for the SEB.

Here is a QR code with a link to help out his family.
Anything is much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Of course. Anything to help. I've known and trusted Mike for a few years now and I know how much Gonzalo meant to him. I gave $50 to help his family get through this difficult time, and I believe if we all gave something it would make a difference in their lives. Prayers out to the family, and so sorry for their loss

Last edited:
Sad news, donation sent. My sister-in-law was diagnosed with a rare cancer earlier this year at 42 years old. They were able to operate and get it out and so far everything looks good. Was scary there for a while though because the 5 year survival rate was near single digits. Luckily they caught it very early.

I have been doing load development for my new Delta 51 and am getting pressure signs earlier than I was anticipating. Started at my normal .308 sweetheart load of 43.3 grains of IMR 4064, 175 gr Sierras, seated to 2.80" and I had some cases fail to extract and obvious pressure signs. I backed it down to 42.8 gr and still having pressure signs. Switched to factory Fed GMM 175s and they were shooting lights out, no issues. I understand now why you all say you don't buy a Tac Ops to reload. :) Going to do what I should have done from the start and pull a Fed GMM and just duplicate it.

BTW, the Spartan Hercules tripod is pretty sweet.
1724085271616.png

5 shots at 100 yds - not my best work but I'll take it:
1724085326484.png

4 shots at 280 yds. The last shot was the odd one out. My brother was spotting for me and didn't tell me just how good that 3-shot group was, otherwise I wouldn't have shot that 4th one. Bastard. If wondering why 4-shot group, I had 10 factory bullets left and this was my second group. I used the first shot as a sighter since I was guessing on dope because I didn't have anything done up yet. Sighter + 5-shot first group so I only had 4 shots left. :)

1724085466443.png
1724085522614.png

Tac Ops LASD SEB Clone rifle leaving on the Fed Ex in a couple of hours to Great Bend KS to an amazing Tac Ops Ninja...
Heard he almost caught a federal Case for not registerting his DOG as a dangerous weapon or an AOW... you Ninja's have to be careful when your over 9 inches soft...

Mike R.

• Love
Reactions: GunGasm
Tac Ops LASD SEB Clone rifle leaving on the Fed Ex in a couple of hours to Great Bend KS to an amazing Tac Ops Ninja...
Heard he almost caught a federal Case for not registerting his DOG as a dangerous weapon or an AOW... you Ninja's have to be careful when your over 9 inches soft...

Mike R.
Is there still a strip club in Great Bends??? Haha that was a pathetic night 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: drglock
Sad news, donation sent. My sister-in-law was diagnosed with a rare cancer earlier this year at 42 years old. They were able to operate and get it out and so far everything looks good. Was scary there for a while though because the 5 year survival rate was near single digits. Luckily they caught it very early.

I have been doing load development for my new Delta 51 and am getting pressure signs earlier than I was anticipating. Started at my normal .308 sweetheart load of 43.3 grains of IMR 4064, 175 gr Sierras, seated to 2.80" and I had some cases fail to extract and obvious pressure signs. I backed it down to 42.8 gr and still having pressure signs. Switched to factory Fed GMM 175s and they were shooting lights out, no issues. I understand now why you all say you don't buy a Tac Ops to reload. :) Going to do what I should have done from the start and pull a Fed GMM and just duplicate it.

BTW, the Spartan Hercules tripod is pretty sweet.
View attachment 8483278

5 shots at 100 yds - not my best work but I'll take it:
View attachment 8483279

4 shots at 280 yds. The last shot was the odd one out. My brother was spotting for me and didn't tell me just how good that 3-shot group was, otherwise I wouldn't have shot that 4th one. Bastard. If wondering why 4-shot group, I had 10 factory bullets left and this was my second group. I used the first shot as a sighter since I was guessing on dope because I didn't have anything done up yet. Sighter + 5-shot first group so I only had 4 shots left. :)

View attachment 8483281 View attachment 8483282
As you already know your sweetheart load is 1 full grain over Sierra maximum load data.
You then dropped to maximum load according to Sierra.

The military MK 316 Mod 0 load build sheet calls for 41.745gr of IMR 4064 over a 175SMK.
That is known to be a hot load.

Perhaps starting 10% below max and working your way up may provide better results.
Were you recording velocities?
If so how did your hand loads compare with factory FGMM?

Beautiful rifle BTW.

Reactions: DJL2
As you already know your sweetheart load is 1 full grain over Sierra maximum load data.
You then dropped to maximum load according to Sierra.

The military MK 316 Mod 0 load build sheet calls for 41.745gr of IMR 4064 over a 175SMK.
That is known to be a hot load.

Perhaps starting 10% below max and working your way up may provide better results.
Were you recording velocities?
If so how did your hand loads compare with factory FGMM?

Beautiful rifle BTW.
Thanks for the info! I saw on SH a while back when i first started reloading that the FGMM secret recipe was 42 point something grains of IMR 4064 so I started there. This was probably 2011 timeframe. I was reloading for my GAP Hospitaller w/ 24" barrel and was getting 2750 fps out of the 43.3 gr load with zero pressure signs. Ran that load in every other .308 I've had with no issues. Definitely did not work in my Tac Ops but I'm also having issues with stuck brass using my zero press and Area 419 M Series .308 die. I switched to my Redding small based sizer die and that seems to have fixed that problem. When I pulled apart a factory 175 GMM the other day it only had 40 grains of powder in it. Pulled a second one and same thing. So I started there and was getting less velocity than the factory so I bumped up to 41 grains and the velocity was where it needed to be but wasn't grouping the way i wanted. Hitting around 2500fps in my 18" barreled Delta 51. That's the last load I tried. I'm going to keep working on the load development. If i don't get it right soon though i might just sell all my gear and components and buy a pile of factory ammo since Federal and Mike seem to have some magical rifle/ammo pact. Of course the Winchester 180 gr factory hunting ammo i ran through it punched the center out of the target too. Maybe I just suck at making ammo...