• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Tacklesource Ebay- Anyone deal with him?

Re: Tacklesource Ebay- Anyone deal with him?

Wolf,

Don't know the seller, but he does have an 100% rating, so that a good sign. As far as his prices go, they look like standard Leupold M.A.P. prices, which means they are about the same as everywhere else. E-Bay is always a crapshoot.

Since your new here try:

Liberty Optics

Or:

SWFA

Both vendors are Hide supporters and are GTG. Those two vendors you can trust.

Bob

We have a presense on eBay too under user name, www.riflescopes.com

We'd be glad to help you with your optic needs either through ebay or through our own site.

We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee so if you find a better price we'll beat it.

We also carry many factory demo Leupold scopes that can be seen at our demo site, www.SampleList.com

You'll find if you deal with one of the companies that support this site you'll always get a better value then you will on ebay as the ebay fees are always going to push prices higher, not to mention that members here always get special consideration

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally do not enjoy supporting ebay as they have some anti-gun policies (i.e. PayPal owned by the same inc.). </div></div>

Their policies were indicated to be anti-liability rather than anti-gun. This came first hand from an ebay employee & avid rifle shooter. In other words, blame should be directed more to the lack of tort reform, e.g. legislators. Ebay is at least partially trying to cover their butts in the People's Republic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olympian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally do not enjoy supporting ebay as they have some anti-gun policies (i.e. PayPal owned by the same inc.). </div></div>

Their policies were indicated to be anti-liability rather than anti-gun. This came first hand from an ebay employee & avid rifle shooter. In other words, blame should be directed more to the lack of tort reform, e.g. legislators. Ebay is at least partially trying to cover their butts in the People's Republic. </div></div>Respectfully, anti-liability is saying that guns are unsafe and part and parcel of the liberal agenda against weapons - thus anti-gun.

But if you enjoy their koolaid ...

Regardless of politics and agenda- things are rarely enforced on Ebay. Also, there are many other valid reasons to buy from Ebay.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

SWFA you have a PM.

Cheers.

[/quote]Respectfully, anti-liability is saying that guns are unsafe and part and parcel of the liberal agenda against weapons - thus anti-gun.

But if you enjoy their koolaid ... [/quote]

Respectfully, anti-liability is actually saying an item or type of item does not make sufficient profit to justify the risk of being sued (whether a reasonable claim or not) and costs incurred due to said legal action for being a party in the sale of that product. It is simple economics, and independent of political views.

And, I do not care for Koolaid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olympian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Respectfully, anti-liability is actually saying an item or type of item does not make sufficient profit to justify the risk of being sued (whether a reasonable claim or not) and costs incurred due to said legal action for being a party in the sale of that product. It is simple economics, and independent of political views.

And, I do not care for Koolaid. </div></div>I am not allowed to discuss politics here so I will simply say "anti-liability" is a part of anti-gun agenda. See the exchange on Gun Broker.

Also, it should be noted that E-Bay may list several items on their site that may be subject to possible “product liability” lawsuits (note the word "may" - this is not an accusation, but merely an observation). A very quick check the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, brought up these results: (1) Fiesta Masquerade – product recall notice: Release # 10-018, (2) Durabrand (DUR7) 7 in. Portable DVD Player – product recall notice - # 09-316, and (3) PSYCLONE ESSENTIALS NINTENDO WII RECHARGE KIT – product recall notice 09-303.

Check the USCPSC website and compare some of the listings at E-Bay. Even high liability items like automobiles are listed on E-Bay! IMO, E-Bay and others are merely using "inoffensive carefully worded language” to spin their anti-gun rhetoric. Of course, each is allowed their own opinion.

I was able to get an ACOG TA31H on ebay for $950 shipped. Yes a real one lol.

I would have purchased it from Scott at LO, but he didn't have them in stock and I needed it in 2 days.