• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors TBAC 30P Thunder Beast Suppressor

Goldbeachman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2008
Gold Beach Oregon
After a short wait, I finally received a TBAC 30P 30 caliber suppressor from Ray Sanchez at Jensen Arms in Loveland, Colorado. This is not a serious review and just some idle ramblings. I will be the first to admit I have no significant experience with suppressors having only fondled them when discovered in stores and the occasional shooting expedition with those who own them.

The TBAC 30P arrived and upon inspection it was obvious the fit and finish of the product is outstanding.
TBAC30PinHand.jpg

For those interested in the wait time I experienced, most of it was on the Form 3 dealer to dealer transfer (about 90 days). The rest of the time was as follows:

12/4/09 Application (Trust) Form 4 Sent w/ $200 Check for Tax to BATFE

12/14/09 Check cashed by BATFE.

2/19/10 Application Approved. Thanks ATF Official "Ted."

2/25/10 Suppressor in Hand

The thread on the suppressor ordered was 5/8 x 24. Unfortunately, all of my guns targeted for use with this suppressor either had no threading or different threading. Developing a deep and meaningful relationship with your local gunsmith is a good thing. After a quick call I soon had a .308 and .260 properly threaded complete with thread protectors.
ThreadedBarrel.jpg

There are interesting threads (no pun intended) on this site regarding the repeatability of point of impact change with the suppressor on and off. I have yet to do this testing but undoubtedly will next time to the range. I do suspect that the point of impact change is uniform. With the limited time available for shooting this last weekend, I was not able to dedicate 10 or so groups alternating suppressor on and off. However, I was able to conclude accuracy of the gun did not seem affected by the suppressor. Groups shot with and without suppressor were as follows:

UnsuppressedGroup.jpg
Suppressed2.jpg
Suppressed1.jpg
Suppressed3.jpg

The point of impact change for the GAPrecision Crusader in 260Rem was 2 minutes down and no dramatic windage change. No chronograph readings were taken but will be shortly. The can was also applied to a Rem 700PSS .308 and the point of impact change was down 2 minutes as well. No significant change in group size.

On Sunday afternoon we were able to get away for a little long distance shooting at a friend's ranch. We set a 12"x16" metal target at 900 yards along the hillside.
Shooting.jpg

Using the rifle's normal dope for 900 yards plus 2 minutes for poi change and accounting for a 7mph cross wind, a first round hit was achieved.
Target.jpg

The white specs in the photo are cows and the target is not readily seen in the photo. Due to the unfortunate migration of these cows towards the target, we had to knock off early. Cows seem to be generally nice, however, they are attracted to activity and have the habit of knocking over targets. The names and faces of these animals have been changed to protect their identity.
cowpix.jpg

So far I am extremely pleased with the suppressor. My subjective impression of the sound level reduction is that it sounds like a .22 long rifle. Recoil reduction was also significant as compared to a standard brake (not that the awesome recoil characteristics of the Remington 260 is that daunting to begin with). A new model 30p was introduced by TBAC shortly after I purchased. I have no doubt any improvements in the new model are making an already good product even better.

Re: TBAC 30P Thunder Beast Suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">arent those shanksters harem? </div></div>

That could explain the little one on the bottom left.

Re: TBAC 30P Thunder Beast Suppressor

Let me know when you want a demo Mead. I've got lots of 338 to shoot through a can I'm testing.
Thanks for the kind word guys.
We are shooters building stuff for shooters. We will keep working on making our cans better. I never seem to be shooting a production can. I don't even have a production 30P-1 myself. Always testing ideas.

Peace

RayDog