Terminus Zeus Vs. Impact Precision Actions

You're really splitting hairs on most of these actions. The majority or modernized Remington 700 actions with very little in deviation from the Rem700 platform.
Barrel Tenon is either for Remington or Savage and can usually accept a shouldered prefit
Integral recoil lug and scope base
Either trigger hanger or pins to hold trigger in place
Either Sako or M16 style extractor
plunger ejector

There are a few actions that deviate away from this with controlled round feed and/or innovate away from just a Rem700 clone:
ARC actions
BigHorn
Kelbly I think is controlled round feed
Badger M2013 and Ultimatum Deadline had the look of AI if that mattered

I really wish Ted didn't discontinue the ARC Mausingfield. I've had my M5 action for close to 8 years, had multiple barrels, and has never failed with feeding, extracting, or ejecting. If I see a short action left hand magnum Mausingfield, I'll pick it up. My biggest regret is not picking one up before Ted discontinued it.

Pretty much no action does, besides the AI actions.

The only current aftermarket action that I'm aware of that's actually designed for use specifically with AW mags in mind is the ARC CDG, though I'm a bit ignorant as to the lug positions. The GAP Tempest actions were also designed for use with AW mags, though that action never really caught on. And I believe the Badger M2013 as well.

Other actions are designed to be compatible with AW mags, but there's a huge difference between something being made compatible and something being made optimal for use with a specific mag pattern.
Badger 2008 and 2013 have 6oclock lug, as does the solus.

Reactions: kthomas
You're really splitting hairs on most of these actions. The majority or modernized Remington 700 actions with very little in deviation from the Rem700 platform.
Barrel Tenon is either for Remington or Savage and can usually accept a shouldered prefit
plunger ejector

There are a few actions that deviate away from this with controlled round feed and/or innovate away from just a Rem700 clone:
ARC actions
BigHorn

I really wish Ted didn't discontinue the ARC Mausingfield. I've had my M5 action for close to 8 years, had multiple barrels, and has never failed with feeding, extracting, or ejecting. If I see a short action left hand magnum Mausingfield, I'll pick it up. My biggest regret is not picking one up before Ted discontinued it.

The M5 Mausingfield is so underrated. Probably my favorite action. Incredibly robust and reliable. Incredibly smooth and amazing bolt/lift close when properly timed to a trigger.

cdg pic
I think the CDG is the coolest action out right now. stupid light bolt lift after I replaced the spring.
so light it might not work, idk.

Attachments

• 20240909_004052.jpg
    20240909_004052.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 48
plunger ejector

ARC actions
BigHorn

Splitting hairs for sure. I prefer my TL3 to my Impact but love both. Hoping a TL4 comes out with an integrated pic rail and 75 degree throw in the next few years.

I'm almost positive the mausingfield has not been discontinued, but now I have to check.
if it is I know where a nice one is for sale.

My understanding is they are no longer making any more Mausingfields. They felt there was no need to make the Mausingfield with the inception of the CDG.

ARC is selling off what remains of existing Mausingfield inventory, and then I think that's it.

At least that's my understanding. There's a ARC presser that's been posted somewhere that discussed the discontinuation of the Mausingfield, among other things.

Splitting hairs for sure. I prefer my TL3 to my Impact but love both. Hoping a TL4 comes out with an integrated pic rail and 75 degree throw in the next few years.
That would be cool, the tl3 offers a lot of features people like with swapable bolt heads, mechanic ejector. If you could have it full integrated then I’m sure it will be even more popular. That’s what’s great about so many options, I personally prefer my impact to the tl3 but both are great as you stated.

Meh. I had one, sold it, and I don't regret it. It's a great action, but it's not for everyone.
that's fair. it's really like an Accuracy international improved, with changeable firing springs and crf and inertial ejection, non cock-on-close, etc etc. as someone who has accuracy international and really appreciates some of their finer design elements and AW/AX magazine pattern, this CDG is the best thing since sliced bread. otherwise I always gravitated to my mausingfields as the best action I ever touched.
American rifle doesn't sponsor anyone, so that probably has a lot to do with why they get fewer fanboys. I am definitely in the fanboy camp so don't listen to me too much.