• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sniper’s Hide Cup Thank you Frank!

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    My first rifle match ever. I was honored to be an RO. I will help at all the others if I am able, pending life and limb. I saw and felt the passion and drive that it takes to put on such an undertaking, not just a hobby. These guys live this. I saw whole families participate. Husband and wife teams, A German airline pilot who competed with borrowed equipment. A 9yr old boy win the NV SCAR plate challenge. I learned more in the short time I was there than the hours I have read here. I saw high dollar rigs fail, I saw a factory top loader shoot great. I saw the benefits of prior planning, and the lack thereof. But what amazed me the most was the brotherhood (and sisters) of complete strangers sharing this passion of practical long range shooting. It was all family, no egos. I am hooked. Thanks again. I now have sponsors to email and thank. Without them, this is all for not.

Brent C.

My first rifle match ever. I was honored to be an RO. I will help at all the others if I am able, pending life and limb. I saw and felt the passion and drive that it takes to put on such an undertaking, not just a hobby. These guys live this. I saw whole families participate. Husband and wife teams, A German airline pilot who competed with borrowed equipment. A 9yr old boy win the NV SCAR plate challenge. I learned more in the short time I was there than the hours I have read here. I saw high dollar rigs fail, I saw a factory top loader shoot great. I saw the benefits of prior planning, and the lack thereof. But what amazed me the most was the brotherhood (and sisters) of complete strangers sharing this passion of practical long range shooting. It was all family, no egos. I am hooked. Thanks again. I now have sponsors to email and thank. Without them, this is all for not.

Brent C.

Thank you for being a Range Officer Bender. I really appreciate it greatly. I also learned a lot shooting in the match, so it was a first for both of us. But without your willingness and hard work, those matches would not have taken place.

By the way, did you want anything in the RO raffle?

I would also like to thank Paul Gonzales and Zach Yarrow of TTGC for providing such an awesome place to shoot. They worked their butts off to setting up and to keep the match moving as well.

i just want to say as i said at least 20 times this weekend, that even though we all got beat by a grandpa this was the most fun i've had at a match in a long time.

the CoF was exactly what i think of when I think "precision rifle" and this is my favorite kind of match. The generous targets and stage times made it very enjoyable for everyone. (everybody got some hits and there was still plenty of separation at the top. heck, there's 27 points between the guy above and below me) The stages were safe, well designed and fun. They were a great mix of prone, positional, movers, snipery/hunting/target scenarios and short-to extreme long ranges. The scoring was great. The pace was very relaxed and you had plenty of time to hang out and BS with everyone while still putting over 200 rounds downrange. I particularly like being able to just walk around an area and shoot the stages in any order i want with anyone i want instead of seeing the same 5 people all weekend. it's a more efficient and fun way to run a match.

thanks a ton to everyone involved!

and a big congratulations to Bryan for his 3rd win this year. just phenomenally consistent shooting!

I also worked as an RO for the first time this past weekend, and I had a ton of fun! As someone with no real long range precision experience, I didn't know what to expect when I got a call from one of Targetvision's owners saying "Hey, they need more RO's, can you head out there?" In hindsight I'm incredibly thankful to have had the opportunity! You guys are a cool bunch with lots of invaluable experience. Frank and others put on a really fun event, even for those not shooting it.

On my way home I realized I had caught a new bug (one that might prove more expensive than the NFA bug). I WILL shoot this event sometime! I'm already looking at selling a couple things to fund decent glass for my Rem 700, some match ammo, and professional training to learn how to use it :D

- Miles S.