• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

the answer to every “gouging/primer/powder/ammo/ shortage” thread......

Haha i was wondering how an ammo shortage thread made 7 pages (again).

Weeee!

41e1738f6084e01b0d717688000263cf-room-full-of-cats-going-crazy.gif

@Maxwell ,

With all due respect, what does an ammo plant have to do with the topic of this discussion? This thread is about the size of member’s mother’s members, taking down kings, and mayonaise. Please don’t derail it.

Thanks-
MAYONNAISE !!!!!

FFS ! :mad:

Listen mayonaise, nobody axed you.

So I will now.

Are you sorry for your actions in this long lived batch of bullshit like he said you would be?

You started it.

in all seriousness....once it became obvious he took it to heart, and that it TRUELY upset him, yes, yes i was. but it had nothing to do with his actions/rant/name calling. more to do with my empathy for my fellow man. and let’s not forget, i did rat shit on his post.

i dig on the rough and tumble vibe in the pit; it’s the next best thing to being back in the barracks. kicking each other in the nuts is what we do here; along with watching out for each other and sharing news and info.

it wasnt my goal to ruin the guy’s day. i do feel bad, and once i realized the extent of it, i backed off. i seriously have a legit concern for his health, as i have a very close family member dealing with organic brain problems. but, his hackles are up and anything i say will be construed as malicious by him. it is genuinely not.

and maybe that aint the case. perhaps he’s a guy that just flat out doesnt belong in the pit, and should stay out of it. it does take a certain type; and some people will never get that kind of vibe/friendship.

OR....there is the possiblity that he is just an asshole who had it coming.

How fucking dare you you took this too far you don’t know who you are messing with here you don’t know what I’m capable of and you will regret ever acting the way you did here today I guarantee it no body talks likes this and can get away with it call in your guard dogs because you are going to need them because I am coming for you I have taken down several Kings that haven’t lived to tell about it just me and you buddy you and you slanderous fools don’t know what you have coming I will make your head explode with what you will have coming your way you grammar Nazis can’t even understand the point of what I’m trying to say here like a bunch of fools that can understand simple block text what you aren’t capable of reading a paragraph what a bunch of idiots

You will rue the day you shit posted like this

How fucking dare you you took this too far you don’t know who you are messing with here you don’t know what I’m capable of and you will regret ever acting the way you did here today I guarantee it no body talks likes this and can get away with it call in your guard dogs because you are going to need them because I am coming for you I have taken down several Kings that haven’t lived to tell about it just me and you buddy you and you slanderous fools don’t know what you have coming I will make your head explode with what you will have coming your way you grammar Nazis can’t even understand the point of what I’m trying to say here like a bunch of fools that can understand simple block text what you aren’t capable of reading a paragraph what a bunch of idiots

You will rue the day you shit posted like this
Rue...not regret.

get straight the proper level of drama. Haha

Reactions: EddieNFL
Just hit the ignore button hard. $380 is pricey, gouging for $650 is criminal. Fuck this clown.

What’s sad is people pay the ask, when a sear and a drill bit are so cheap to throw in a parts bin.

That day I gave you positive FB for having a cool username, I take it back.

Because this is a thread about price gouging and no mater how fast something is sold if it’s a 200+% mark up it’s probably gouging. I have stuff on back order, and i’m not not at all concerned. Gouging is gouging no matter who wants to pay the price.

Anyone who charges more than what they pay retail, plus shipping times two is a gouger, and a POS that should have to get a commercial account.

Prove me wrong, i’m waiting.

Yeah, I learned my lesson on another rule. I’m not about to bash a thread outside the pit. Especially on the BST.

I just saw that ad and felt like venting, I don’t have a lot of outlets right now.

I have two buddies with cash in hand to buy one of those triggers, at retail. Some with back orders in. That seems a bit more than capitalism.

dude.....this has all been light hearted banter from my perspective. i seriously hope you are not as bent as you appear to be. seriously. i figured this being the bear pit and all, everyone would know what the mere name implies. you DO know what a bear pit is, yes? it aint the “velvet glove room”, or the “safe space room” (thank God).

maybe it’s folks expect everything to be “kinder, gentler” these days. part of the enjoyment of being a member here is some lighthearted roshambeau. but maybe in this day and age, folks can’t cope with that.

part of the problem with the world these days is that there needs to be more bear pit out and about. people’s skin has gotten too thin. and if’n you think my light hearted jabs were over the line, be fucking glad you aint in my inner circle of friends. thank God there are folks out there that still get it.

and if all that doesnt work for ya...there’s always the “ignore” button. that’ll solve it permanently.

Anyone who charges more than what they pay retail, plus shipping times two is a gouger, and a POS that should have to get a commercial account.

I'm not trying to start anything with you personally, just responding to the statement. NO ONE, including myself, wants to pay more for something they want. I see this situation to be no different from something as simple as an auto auction. When a car comes across the block that may be the last of only a few available, they fetch higher prices from those willing to pay. The more that are available, the lower the price.

If those paying big bucks for something stop doing so, prices fall. Sellers will lower prices when their product stops selling. As long as there are people willing to buy, prices will remain higher. The buyers are as much to blame as the sellers.

I let the buyer set the price. For example, I decided to let go of 10K 9MM I would most likely never use. I announced this at the last match I attended and by day's end had sold it all for $7,500....but shipping was free.

That day I gave you positive FB for having a cool username, I take it back.

Because this is a thread about price gouging and no mater how fast something is sold if it’s a 200+% mark up it’s probably gouging. I have stuff on back order, and i’m not not at all concerned. Gouging is gouging no matter who wants to pay the price.
if’n you feel so strongly about it, we’ll be expecting you to sell your house for what you paid for it, when the time comes.

i just dont get it......if you think the price is too high, simply don’t buy it. i can understand the head scratching that might occur from seeing what folks are getting for widget X, that they originally bought for $X then sold for $Y. THAT, i can understand. but the finger pointing about “gouging”, really?

that goes RIGHT back, full circle, to the post #1 in this thread.

if someone has widget X, and it is unobtainium through all other outlets, it’s entirely up to them to decide what they’d be willing to sell it for. maybe someone out there is willing to pay that, maybe no one is. but IF there is, then why do third parties want to insert themselves into it? i mean, if you have another widget X, and you see an opportunity to undercut the price, go for it. if not? then it is just sour grapes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring'r and nn8734
i’ve thought about it at length, and the ONLY thing i can come up with is sour-assing.

nothing else makes sense.

I agree. If I can't make a profit on something I really didn't plan on selling, then why would I sell? Also, why would I ever sell anything for below market price? Was I gouging when I bought a house in a depressed market in 2011 and sold for a large profit in 2020? One person was interested in my house until they heard the price, then said it was too much. Next person to look bought it at asking price. Should I have sold to the complainer?

Realistically, what is the difference in houses and ammo? What makes an individual think they have any right to set the profit margin on another person's item?

What makes an individual think they have any right to set the profit margin on another person's item?
i’ve thought about that, too. and the answer, is one word. and those who are guilty of it, dont like it.

communism.

folks baulk and squawk. all i have to say to those folks is, either sell your shit for what you say others should sell their’s for, or you’ve lost all credibility. but even then, it doesnt give you the right to piss and moan about someone else’s asking price.

Reactions: 10ring'r
I agree. If I can't make a profit on something I really didn't plan on selling, then why would I sell? Also, why would I ever sell anything for below market price? Was I gouging when I bought a house in a depressed market in 2011 and sold for a large profit in 2020? One person was interested in my house until they heard the price, then said it was too much. Next person to look bought it at asking price. Should I have sold to the complainer?

Realistically, what is the difference in houses and ammo? What makes an individual think they have any right to set the profit margin on another person's item?
I don’t completely disagree, but according to that logic what is the definition of price gouging?

What’s the difference between ammo and food, or water, or oxygen?

According to your conscience, does that change if there’s a fire, flood, or winter blizzard?

How about a monopoly? If I own 100% of the market, can I charge what I like? What if I don’t own it, but I set up a brokerage that controls 100% of the market, can I charge any amount I want? Like Enron did with power?

“thou shall not steal”. doesnt matter if it’s outright theft, or state condoned theft. theft is theft.

what i do, what i sell, what i dont sell. shouldi turn my back on a neighbor in need, is between me, and God.

“IF”..... “IF” frogs had machine guns, would snakes still fuck with ‘em? that’s what i think of “iF”. i dont play the “if” game. let’s stay in the real world.

Reactions: Yasherka
“thou shall not steal”. doesnt matter if it’s outright theft, or state condoned theft. theft is theft.

what i do, what i sell, what i dont sell. shouldi turn my back on a neighbor in need, is between me, and God.

“IF”..... “IF” frogs had machine guns, would snakes still fuck with ‘em? that’s what i think of “iF”. i dont play the “if” game. let’s stay in the real world.
If frogs had machine guns, they would still surrender.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Z and myronman3
Enron wasn’t an “if” and anti-monopoly laws aren’t in place for if either.

I was asking what, by that logic, would be price gouging. Seems like your position is there is no such thing; which I don’t agree with.

Enron wasn’t an “if” and anti-monopoly laws aren’t in place for if either.

I was asking what, by that logic, would be price gouging. Seems like your position is there is no such thing; which I don’t agree with.
i’ve lived long enough to see that government “solutions” are a bigger threat to freedom than companies. in fact, your anti monopoly laws are little more than shake down tools for politicians to line their pockets.

how the fuck you going to equate private ammo/primer/powder sales to anti monopoly laws? that’s so far off topic i shouldn’t even address it.

Reactions: EddieNFL