• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The Halloween What-Gun-To-Kill-Zombies Thread

Oddball Six

Commander of Meh
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2010
40°25′N, 104°43′W
We are quickly approaching Halloween and aside from the vampires-who-should-be-classified-fairies problem this year, we as responsible evil black rifle owners are faced with a perennial real-world responsibility.

Thats right, Saving the world from the zombie horde.
zombie_bunny.jpg

defending.jpg

Shit's hitting the fan, zombies are popping up from under thier granite tombstones all over the state. You have to hole up with some like minded folks and protect your family. You have one gun to take with you that you can reasonably purchase and outfit.

Which one goes? What's on it? Bonus points for a photo to go with your post of either the gun outfitted as such... or a great zombie picture!

Re: The Halloween What-Gun-To-Kill-Zombies Thread

16" 308s Piston Drivers... backed up with a 10" M4, as well as the usual assortment of handguns... the girl will use my Noveske 8" diplomat for back up.

The 308s have both high powered optics and reflex optics on them for close and far work... further away I can engage them the better.

My only concern is when the aliens land whether the bullets will work on their deflector shields

Slide4.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">2 x Sig P556 pistols; single-point sling(s)</span>

1 = 30 rnds Hornady 75 gr TAP, at ready
2 = 30 rnds M855 Penetrators (in case they're wearing body armor), in scabbard on back

<span style="font-weight: bold">2 x Sig P239 9mm</span>

10 rnd mags, CorBon 115 gr DPX, one at each thigh

BTW: I use the phaser for alien deflector shields. It's line of sight, so no expensive glass or barrel length/twist debates are necessary. But it's really overkill for Zombies. Plus, it leaves these greasy spots everywhere that are a real bitch to clean up.

profiles-fc_rifle-1.jpg

An important question is this:

Are we talking about traditional zombies that are the dead risen up from the grave when hell gets full etc? (Army of Darkness style)

Or are we talking about the modernized and scientific zombies that are popular these days where it is normal people infected with some virus that makes them go crazy? (Such as Zombieland etc)

If it's the first type, I'd go with magazine fed shotguns as the primary and then a large caliber rifle as secondary and a HK45 as a side arm.

Its Halloween. Its totally the first type. Hell itself spat these devil spawn back out. Some in bunny suits, i guess. Mostly in the more traditional rotting and shuffling well dressed variety.

Springfield Armory SA-1, or if that fails, the L1A1!! Lots of reloads for both!! The zombies don't stand a chance at my house!!

I'd be screwed, cause they would try to convert me to mormonism, or kill me. Either way, i'd die.

But in all srsness, I'd use a integrally suppressed ruger 10/22

First, are we talking George Romero style zombies -or- 28day/I Am Legend style zombies? Golden Rule: kills the brains, kill the zombie.

For Romero zombies, it's easy. A machette, because a machette never needs reloading.

For the 2nd type (read: Matrix-fast), you would want an AA-12 automatic shotgun, backed up with .50cal DEs handguns, at-the-ready. A modified GE XM214 Minigun (think "Predator") w/ a lithium-based power cell to drive the barrel assembly is a given. A chopped Noveske N6 Leonidas would add a nice touch. And the coup-de-grace would be a back-pack flamer thrower w/ a exothermic Broco-style wand for CQB/H2H combatives.

All ammunition to be AP, API, HEI, and HPs.

I know this ain't the typical stick for this site, but I'd like to try my 'ole Marlin 444P on some zombies. That should put a few of 'em back to rest. Of course, that's not the only tool I'm taking.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sierra2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this ain't the typical stick for this site, but I'd like to try my 'ole Marlin 444P on some zombies. That should put a few of 'em back to rest. Of course, that's not the only tool I'm taking.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Hell yea! lets go cowboy action on zombies! I'll break out my 18.5" 1895G 45-70 and load it up with buffalo bore 405's at 2000 fps. (we'll make chunky salsa for the cowboy theme)

not screwing with you sierra, but a zombie cowboy shoot would kick butt!

Well then widnerkj, I'll break out the Vaquero and the SxS too! Load up on Sunday and shoot all week long! Looks like it's the end of the trail for them zombies.
grin.gif

(I'm not going after zombies without a few "modern" weapons too, though!)

Actually widnerkj,, a zombie theme would make an excellent fall match for cowboy action! It would be a lot if fun knocking down a range full of steel zombies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sierra2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually widnerkj,, a zombie theme would make an excellent fall match for cowboy action! It would be a lot if fun knocking down a range full of steel zombies.</div></div>

Or a great setup for an October 3-gun or tactical carbine match
smile.gif

id have to go with a mossberg 590 with slugs and a beneli m4 with 00 buck. have a 308 ready for some out reach stuff. and of course a cold steel tanto blade for back up.

Keep it simple and old fashioned. Ar15s-20" -16", with iron sights or Red dot optic. AK47s for the need to spray and pray, FALs for the same need but with less praying, 870s, 500s, coach guns, ALL 12guage, nothing else. Then you go to your bolt actions, must have match iron sights or something decent within 200yrds, lever actions are good too. Pistols, must be 9mm or 45ACP for availability. I would only have 5 personal firearms, 1 shotgun, 2 pistols, 1 bolt gun, and my AR-10. I just want to make or find some 30rd 308 mags that will fit and work in the AR10 and I will be set.

Those extra large calibers are not worth it to me. You get small mags, heavy as ammo, and cant carry much. Better off with a 308AR. You have to keep it light and simple, zombies dont need a 1" hole in their head to die.

sass for lr rooftop target/defense, HK P30 9mm sidearm(i love my HK45, but were talking zombies here, i have to take the rounds weight vs. volume fire) and prob my shortie AR .223, for ammo weight considerations also. you cant ever expect to have a safehouse or vehicle available to you. so you need to be able to carry volume of ammo without being too heavy. and also carry weapons with standard rounds. im sure seeing a zombie head hit with a 458soc is rockin, but where the hell are you gonna find rounds if you run out? not only that, have you ever picked up a 500rnd box of that stuff?

oh, and a nice solid baseball bat. why waste rounds on just a couple zombies?!

October 3-gun Zombie Shoot....did it we came we saw zombies, killed many of the same!! New Holland Rifle and Pistil Club Contagion shoot it rocked!! Stripper Zombies, Steel Zombies, Zombies out 500 yards.....all splatted.

Google it!

Omega outbreak zombie shoot in minnesota is usually in april. Oh and for the flamethrower fans I ask this, which is worse a hord of zombies chasing you or a hord of flaming zombies chasing you? Lol to each ther own.

I would have to go with an earlier mentioned list as I have the same basic line up. PS90, saiga 12, and my double glock 34's, cold steel magnum kukri. Of course I have others in the vault that would get a turn.

OMG !!! its a no brainier HK usc/ump clone in 45 with 15ish mags backed up by my usp 45 T and aac can ( never know ) but instead of my msg90 clone i would get a steyr scout in 308 ( hey we might have to move on foot i need to be light weight ).

another good choice would be mp5kpdw and sig 226 or 228

image being in that movie "decent" f*** that crap