• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

The Legend of the Lone Ranger

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    It sucked. The best acting in the movie was by Silver the Lone Ranger's horse. Even the theme music sucked.

As VP or the Lone Ranger Fan Club of Berkshire Valley NJ, circa 1955, I was sorely disappointed.

HiYo Silver, Away.

c5746704b7fc5b519796ca2c5be2cd53.jpg

• Love
    Reactions: Maggot
    It sucked. The best acting in the movie was by Silver the Lone Ranger's horse. Even the theme music sucked.

As VP or the Lone Ranger Fan Club of Berkshire Valley NJ, circa 1955, I was sorely disappointed.

HiYo Silver, Away.
    Welcome to the club. George Lucas raped my childhood.

At least superman 1 and 2 were ok. Batman got all dark and weird compared to Saturday Morning Cartoons/TV SHow "KA-PLAM!!!"

And speaking of Saturday Cartoons--they killed them too!

• Angry
    Reactions: Maggot
    The 70s version is free on YouTube right now. I liked it. Actually 81 I guess.

Thats the one I saw and thought pretty bad. It was supposed to take place around Del Rio Texas bt I know that area, had a ranch 4o miles from there and that just isnt Del Rio landscape. Looks more like Arizona, Utah, or Nevada. And the theme song was depressing.

I didnt see the one with Depp.

Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels all the way.

Still gives me goosebumps.

Thats the one I saw and thought pretty bad. It was supposed to take place around Del Rio Texas bt I know that area, had a ranch 4o miles from there and that just isnt Del Rio landscape. Looks more like Arizona, Utah, or Nevada. And the theme song was depressing.

I didnt see the one with Depp.

Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels all the way.

Still gives me goosebumps.

Don't know. Westerns were mostly for older folks in my younger days. I liked the modern ones before the older ones.

Born in the rural Midwest but raised in Southern California so I spent a lot of time at places I later recognized in movies, from westerns to 50s space movies, to 60s-70s movies/shows, to the present day.