• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

This looks interesting....will this be a big help?

Re: This looks interesting....will this be a big help?

I can certainly see the benefit of the XM25, however there are a lot of factors which detract from the benefits.

#1, this will not be a primary weapon, so the rifleman carrying this will have to carry this thing, it's ammunition, spare battery AND his standard load-out.

#2, Ammunition costs are likely very high- this will limit live-round training and may even prove to be a limiting factor in use.

#3, I can see some commanders being wary of using a defilade defeating weapon for fear of injuring or killing "non-combatants" in the same space as the enemy. Right or wrong, it will happen.

Over-all, I would call it much more useful if it were smaller or somehow attached to an M4 like the M203.

I think they should get some sort of computer chip key chain or something so no enemy can use it, I mean special Batteries and Ammo can be stolen or found just look at the convoys in Pakistan.

Being able to shoot well at distances greater than 800 meters is going to get much more important for our enemies very soon it would appear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like something out of "Aliens". </div></div>

Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range

Actually this came to mind as soon as I saw it
wink.gif

Looks like a gold plated version of the M-79 or the 203.

Now if they could develop and field a self licking ice cream cone that would be something.

Working hard to keep the equipment load at 175 pounds per individual.

I think I saw this on "Future Weapons". You know the show with the former SEAL that likes to whisper how awesome stuff is. I was kinda suprised to see that it was acutally going in the field with all you hear about how resistant to change the services can be. Never served, so I don't know first hand. Still, you got to admit it would be fun to shoot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iamironman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like something out of "Aliens". </div></div>

Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range
wink.gif
</div></div>

... Hey, just what ya see pal.

Awesome scene