• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Thumbhole stock options

atepointer

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    Guys I'm looking at a bolt gun for my pops it will either be a Rem 700 or some flavor of Savage most likely 308. Both of us prefer a thumbhole stock, but I'm only aware of Boyd's and that's b/c I've never done much snooping arounds. Sooooo, rather than guessing at which thumbhole stocks are worth looking at I figured the brain trust here would already know where I may want to look other than the aforementioned. Thanks

As Mentioned The KMW Sentinel, might be able to order a flat top.
    Manners has a couple
    McMillan has a couple as well
    IMG_1018.JPG

Reactions: stello1001
    I run a Manners T5A. It's super comfortable in the hand that's for sure! I have smaller hands and some thumbhole stocks don't fit me well because my trigger finger has to stretch. That is not the case with the T5A.

The only thing I've really noticed with it is that it's actually a pain to run the bolt quickly because you have to put your thumb in and out of the stock each time. When shooting a competition, I find myself just resting my thumb on the side of the stock and not even using the thumbhole. My next stock will probably be a T4 or T2 for this reason. That being said, It's awesome to use the thumbhole when hunting or coyote shooting.

AICS 1.5 has been eclipsed by other later model stocks, but you should be able to get the original for a decent price. Even though my primary tac rifle wears a McM today, I can't bring myself to let go of the 1.5. Too many good experiences with it.

Guys I'm looking at a bolt gun for my pops it will either be a Rem 700 or some flavor of Savage most likely 308. Both of us prefer a thumbhole stock, but I'm only aware of Boyd's and that's b/c I've never done much snooping arounds. Sooooo, rather than guessing at which thumbhole stocks are worth looking at I figured the brain trust here would already know where I may want to look other than the aforementioned. Thanks
    Hey 8Pointer, we have a few models that might suit you. The 5 series has been very popular and is actually what brought me to Manners as a customer. I wanted a KMW Sentinal (Still love them BTW) but since they were hard to get I stumbled across a T5. I bought one and fell in love with it. They are very comfortable in the hand and also ambidextrous. We have them in a hunting version as well as a target version. Each available with a fixed cheek or your choice of an adjustable cheek model. We can do them in the Savage short action if you would like and we have a Savage mini-chassis that allows bolt in and go installation and can be had for the CDI or factory bottom metal. I hope this helps. Feel free to get with me if you have any questions about getting one.

Robert Brantley

Did ag ever put the Ferrata on their website?

Is it discontinued? I have a privateer and I’m interested in the Ferrata.

If you know, let me know. I’ll give them a call in the new year either way.

I am also really looking at the eh5 but it has a lower comb :(

AG Composites. AG Ferrata is their thumbhole model. It's not the website yet, I'm sure they would send you some info though.