• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tikka done light... i mean right.

bkw1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Apr 30, 2011
Queen Creek, AZ
Finally got my manners elite carbon, potentially the only t6a made for a tikka, at least in elite carbon. Very happy with it. Went with a benchmark Remington varmint contour with deep flutes finished at 26" chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. Rest of the spec: badger mini fte bored up to 6.5, egw 20 moa base, yo dave trigger spring (breaks around 1 lb), cdi bottom metal, krg steel recoil lug, seekins rings and leupold mk6. Weighed just the rifle yesterday and it weighed in at 9.1 lbs without a magazine. Im pretty happy with that weight. Should make for shooting positional better in matches and not be a tank to carry on some hunts. Havent shot it yet but I should get out by tomorrow to see how she does. Ill post more pics after I shoot it.

Nice rig! Starting a Tikka build myself and just sat my Savage in a very light EH1. More than likely will go with another Manners on the Tikka, just need something with a little less palm swell than the EH1.

Very nice, came out well. Hopefully it won't be too terribly hot when you get a chance to take it out for a test drive. I know that it is probably going to be hot as hell by the time I make it out to Rio tomorrow.

Very nice, came out well. Hopefully it won't be too terribly hot when you get a chance to take it out for a test drive. I know that it is probably going to be hot as hell by the time I make it out to Rio tomorrow.
Yeah its the wonderful time of year that to do anything without completely melting it has to be 4am or the last 20 min of the day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Got out today to test it. If you like small groups I guess it shoots good. Worst group in load development was .54", best was .31". All virgin brass, 4 shot groups. The fte opened to 6.5 worked amazing, pretty close too 22 recoil.

action photo

first two groups:

this one put three touching then opened up the fourth as the barrel got pretty warm. Definitely retesting this one with fired brass and mess with the seating depth

Group photo, Sig ssg 3k my buddy picked up. Very sweet rifle, excellent 2 stage trigger and very smooth action.