• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tikka T3X CTR Build

Due North

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2018
I am a new member to SH community
4884D10A-A550-467D-AFF2-D2E0313D907F.jpeg
and just wanted to show my Tikka T3X CTR 308 build rifle.
MDT ESS chassis FDE
Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 ffp milrad
Insite Arms Heathen muzzle brake
Atlas PSR bipod

I had shot the factory Tikka with a Nightforce SHV second focal plane 4-14x56 MOA scope and was very pleased with good results out to 300 yards.
Looking forward to getting re-zeroed, getting some dope and stretching the yardage.

@ Due North - Great looking rifle.

I was thinking about putting a Tikka Varmint 223 in one of those MDT ESS chassis but my concern was the balance being too front heavy with that big barrel.

How does your CTR balance in the ESS chassis and do you think a fatter barrel would throw things off? Thank you

P.S. what barrel length and forearm length is that?

Last edited:

I was thinking about putting a Tikka Varmint 223 in one of those MDT ESS chassis but my concern was the balance being too front heavy with that big barrel.

How does your CTR balance in the ESS chassis and do you think a fatter barrel would throw things off? Thank you

The chassis adds weight period, but if shooting mostly prone, bench or with tall bipod or sticks no problem.
It’s a 20” barrel with a 15” forearm.

If you want to reduce weight maybe look at LSS-XL GEN2 CHASSIS

Does the chassis change the type of magazine that it can use? Thanks.
Yes, it does change it. At present I'm not aware of any chassis which accepts the Tikka CTR magazine. You'd have to use an AICS magazine (and not the MAGPUL one as that is not compatible with Tikka actions without taking a dremel to the magazine. )

Yes, I purchased the mags from MDT (polymer and metal available), but Magpul and alike should work.

I had a bitch of a time getting the AICS pattern PMAGs to work. You have to file down the feed lips for them to fit, at least in the KRG chassis. I wrecked two of them in the process as the feed lips got too thin and the rounds would just pop out on their own. I have had no issues with metal (AICS and Accurate) mags.

NICE rig, my 308 tikka is an absolute hammer with the fggm Sierra matchkings, also with the Norma in the same 168SMK bullet, enjoy it happy shooting.

Last edited: