Timney trigger issue

ThinblueAr

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2018
Twin cities
Recently bought a Calvin elite 2 stage trigger (blue housing unit) it was installed on a rem SA then mounted unto a MPAchassis. I noticed it Would not release the bolt release or is very sticky. I tried adjusting and bending the tab per the instructions but still no luck.

Two things I'd look at. On one of my manners, there was a bit of a clearance issue causing some problems like you describe, once I shaved off a tiny amount of material all was well. I'd also take out the allen screw that holds the tab in place and make sure there's no junk in there causing it to stick. If you pull the bolt and/or manipulate the bolt catch with a thin screwdriver with the bolt left in place does it move freely on its own?

When the bolt is pulled back and I use a thin driver to push down on the bolt release it works. I did tighten the Allen screw on the trigger holding the plate a little because it was really loose.

That could likely be your problem. Try loosening it up a bit, you need a touch of clearance in there to allow the plate to move freely especially when you get some dirt/grime in there. I just looked at one I have that's new in the package and that's how it shipped...the chassis should keep the screw from backing out on you, but if you're worried about it coming loose I'm sure a small amount of blue loctite would keep it where it needs to be.