Tonopah 2 Mile

That was said somewhat tongue-in-cheek, as anytime I enter a competition, even something brand new to me, I enter by preparing the best that I can and then going in with the intent to do the best that I can. However, I am a person that thrives on challenge and learning, so I take a loss, even a bad loss as a learning opportunity and accept it as such. That said, I'm not much into total humiliation, thus my perceived need to prepare as best as is possible before hand.

I wanted to enter this competition in the worst way this year, but sometimes things take precedence.

That was said somewhat tongue-in-cheek, as anytime I enter a competition, even something brand new to me, I enter by preparing the best that I can and then going in with the intent to do the best that I can. However, I am a person that thrives on challenge and learning, so I take a loss, even a bad loss as a learning opportunity and accept it as such. That said, I'm not much into total humiliation, thus my perceived need to prepare as best as is possible before hand.

I wanted to enter this competition in the worst way this year, but sometimes things take precedence.

Smart way to do it.

I always figure you at least want to do good enough were people will actually want to talk to you. There is always someone who wants to go into something with little to no preparation and then never show up again after an agonizing defeat.

Smart way to do it.

I always figure you at least want to do good enough were people will actually want to talk to you. There is always someone who wants to go into something with little to no preparation and then never show up again after an agonizing defeat.

Depends on how the person can cope with the 'mental game' . . .

It's all between the ears

And my motto is : 'You learn from loosing !'

Or at least I do learn from it . . . .

Last edited:
BAD NEWS for Tonopah 2 Mile
Nye County just pulled the plug on the event insurance. With that news the match is CANCELLED.

You NEED to send Dan Warner or Jeff Van Niel your mailing address so that we can refund your entry fee. (most were not legible on the entry mailings).

Cancel your flights, cancel your hotel, and cancel your rental cars.

Sorry folks, but this was beyond our control,

This is not a joke. We are Embarrassed, disappointed, and quite frankly really mad. We were really looking forward to this and to have this happen in the final stretch is a kick in the gut.

Thanks,

Last edited:
At this point, We'd like to thank all of the sponsors that got behind this. They have been let down by this sad turn of events and I think they still deserve recognition for their part in the promotion of this match. We have poured a significant amount of time and money into making this work. Enough so that we are compelled to salvage what we can and soldier on. We are already working on a different location, so stay tuned for news on that. That is the only solace we can offer our sponsors and competitors at this point. All sponsorship materials and awards will be returned to the issuing sponsor just as soon as we receive them back from Tonopah. Without further a due and in no particular order with the prizes donated:
#NightforceOptics - 5-25 ATACR
#McMillanFiberglassStocks - Beast Stock Gift Certificate
#BartleinBarrels - Two barrel gift certificates
#KelblysInc - Receiver Gift Certificate
#CuttingEdgeBullets - Certificates for Bullets
#Lonearangeonlycom - Advertising promotion
#CopperCreekCartridgeCo - Ammunition Gift Certificates
#SeekinsPrecision - Scratch Tickets with a variety of awards
#50WestArmory - Match promotion
#LVSteelTargets - Discounted target production
#PetersonCartridgeCo - 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes for cases
#PatriotValleyArms - Target donation / match support
#KandPGunCo - barrel certificates
#SigElectroOptics - Range finder & Scope
#WarnerToolCompay - Flatline bullets
I'd also like to point out that Jeff VanNiel has absorbed a significant amount of the costs of getting this match to fruition. My hat is off to him too.

That absolutely sucks that this happened to you. Maybe I could get some relatives to do some snoopin' and poopin' and get some pics of the Sherriff, DA or somebody at the cathouse and maybe get this on again.

Who the hell is Nye county to say you can't go out and shoot? (largest, least populated county in the nation)

Well was all set to go. I was sad see the news but I want to thank Jeff and Dan for all the work that they put in to try and make this happen. Not as big a deal for me I live a 5 hour drive away.