• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Tough phones, Casio Boulder vs Rock

MLC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2004
Solebury, PA
I currently am on my second Boulder and just saw that Casio release a 3rd gen G'zone phone called the Rock.
Does anyone have experience with the Rock?
I'm happy with the Boulder but the Rock I handled had a couple fixes that I preferred, mainly a less slippery exterior and a keypad that I can use to text without looking at the phone.
My concern is the tendency for companies to use an established name to peddle inferior successors.
Thoughts?

Re: Tough phones, Casio Boulder vs Rock

Very interesting...I too have the secondary Boulder,its been good phone,tuff for sure.My only complaint is the reception not as good as my Moto....
Had no idea they got a Rock,gonna check it out tommorrow.
Thanks for sharing that info..

Jack

I have a samsung rugby have had it for almost 7 months now had it under running water, thrown it across the yard open, fell off my truck going down my dirt road this is one strong phone and it works good to has good reception I got the yellow model so
I could see it better. There are some good videos out there on several different models and they get pretty hard on these tough phones The new motorola is good from what I hear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAMCIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess I better catch up. I'm still on the original Casio G'z One. </div></div>

Me too. Still waiting for it to break.

FWIW I've read a bunch of lousy reviews of the Rock.
I'll stick with the Boulder until I trust my self to own a android/iphone.

i had the gzone type S for 2 years. i regret moving on to a smart phone... these things are delicate and POS in my opinion.

i want a basic rugged phone with txting cabapilities

I have a Samsung Rugby 1 year now...tougher than any other phone i have used...had it in the shower, fell off the 2nd deck of the boat, onto a steel deck, almost into the bay (thankfully it stopped inside the bullwark). been kicked across the room by accident, sat on...i think thats its