• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

TRG-42 Arrived

Ragnar51

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
Got it in green with phosphate finish. Scope is a Premier Reticle 5-25x56 with mounts and muzzle brake by Richard Near. Got some loaded ammo, components, dies etc. inbound. Here's a quick shot along with some vintage stereo stuff in the background.
147581618.jpg

Re: TRG-42 Arrived

congratulation!
Which components will you use?it's only a target rifle or a hunting one too?I shot a few boars with a TRG and 250grs game king,it work fine!

Thanks guys!! There's some ammo from HST coming with 250 gr. sierra HPBT's, also got Lapua brass and 250 Lapua HPBT's on the way, looks like no 300 gr Sierras for a couple more weeks yet. I'll post some targets (if they're any good)
smile.gif
next week. I'm not a hunter so I'll take you word on the boars Bob, I did see a rather graphic pic in the gallery here of a deer taken with a .338

Mr. Hall, you have no idea how much angst went into the scope selection, I became aware of Richard Near's products from a post on another site. His products are beautifully made, email questions are answered promptly and he's very nice to speak with on the phone.

You'd never know it from the slap dash iPhone shot posted here but I do make part of my living as a photographer
smile.gif
I'll be replacing the pic above with something better, the one thing that does stick in my craw is the $450.00 price of the matching Sako bipod but I expect I should just bite the bullet, or is it bipod and shutup about it!
smile.gif

Hi Ty, I also have a thing for vintage stereo equipment. Here's a few shots of the same part of the man cave without the gun
smile.gif

Marantz 2385 completely restored $$, don't ask!

142377009.jpg

Realistic STA-180 and a couple of 8 track recorders (The 8-Tracks actually get quite a bit of use making tapes for guys with 60's era classic cars)

127927296.jpg

TEAC A-4300, completely restored, the metal reels are bringing top dollar these days!

141833421.jpg

Hey guys, I finally got to the range yesterday. Got the beast boresighted and bought along 20 rounds of HSM ammo. Well, my boresighting job was lousy as @100 yds they were flying over the top of the target frame, with the kind assistance of some other shooters I was finally able to get the darn thing dialed in but not before burning up all 20 rounds. The trigger is excellent, once you take up the slack it breaks like glass. Recoil was not bad at all, this may sound crazy but between the weight of the setup and the Richard Near muzzle brake I'd rate it as just slightly more than my Savage 110V in .308. It was however, very loud and the muzzle blast to the sides was severe, bystanders reported feeling quite a bit of concussion. I'm hoping to get back on the range Thursday with the remaining 20 rounds and to post some group shots.