TRG22's dressed up for Ftr Irish Open competition

GorbashUK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2009
Northern Ireland U.K.
Here is a foto of me and a mates TRG's, in full Fclass TR mode. Both have the new 308Precision bipods and Wildcat 4 baffle moderators. Mine has the Weaver T36, Petes has the big Sightron 10-50.

twins.jpg

First time posting fotos, hope it works.

Re: TRG22's dressed up for Ftr Irish Open competition

.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nhm16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool. You're allowed to use a moderator/silencer in F-TR over there?</div></div>

Yeah no probs, provided you are under the weight. Makes shooting 100 fast .308's a lot easier

Thanks for sharing,any chance about telling me about the bipod.
I found the web page a couple of weeks, but no info.
How much does it weigh,how much did it cost.
If fact more photo of the bipod would be great.

Ade

I also have a 308 precision bipod i got a few weeks back i beleave that whey did well at the irish open out of the top 5 shooters 4 of them had one on thare rifle all the info that you will want is on the web page its partly up and runing but it looks like they are still working at it
www.308precision.co.uk

I would love some more info on the that bipod as well, but the website is not yet functioning. If anyone has has info or more pics, please post.

Very nice rigs, by the way! I am using a TRG-22 in f-class myself, but since mine is chambered for .260 Remington, I have to shoot open class.

Guys, the bipods are made by 308Precision, a local company, the web address is http://www.308precision.co.uk/. I bought mine in a local gun shop. It weighs 32oz and makes the Sako bipod I had been using feel like a wobbly stilt. Here are some more pics

Pete at Irish Open, removing the throat from his TRG with special comp loads
smile.gif

petetrg.jpg

A close up of the bipod on a custom 308, finished 2nd

Camlin_Bipod.jpg

Leigh, who won the FTR comp, shooting a pimped up Remmy

IMG_0091.jpg

Of the top 5 shooters in FTR, 4 were using this bipod.

i got a polished one it is only 32oz it will go as low as 4.5" and up to 7.5" i find that this is more than you would need it cost me £290GBP the matt black/silver one was £260GBP they said the price included shiping to europ and the USA

Wow, I'd did not think there would be much f-class disussion over here. The guys at LR.com would like to hear about f-class stuff going on over there. The cans being legal suprises me. Nice rigs

Is this at the new "national" range? Is this the big Creedmore match?

Mike

wow, that is a nice bipod, the TRG22 bipod twists too much and that's why i stopped shooting it, this is the solution to that problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow, that is a nice bipod, the TRG22 bipod twists too much and that's why i stopped shooting it, this is the solution to that problem. </div></div>

The standard TRG bipod is a lot more tactical, faster to deploy etc but for bench/fclass it just isnt stable enough to compete. The gun itself (with the 155gr scenar at 2900 load) is superb, Id stack it up against a full on custom .308 (and have done in competition) and not feel short changed. It also looks so good when all dolled up. Same old story though, once you get past 300m its all about the wind with a 308 in competition
frown.gif

one more thing can you take the Wildcat 4 baffle moderator completely apart like the other versions that they make? I have seen pictures where it looked like you could take it apart and add more baffles or less, looked really interesting.

Yea, 4/8/12 baffles and you can change to what ever thread you want in the middle! I'm not using one at the min, but next time I change rifle or need to change thread, I will be! Great job!

Just noticed Fuscalino, you posted a pic of me and my fine Remmy 700! Lol, you know the one you slag off as a heap of cr@p, uck you know the one I'm talking about, the one that kicked your but on satuarday and Sunday at the Irish Open?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malcky (NI)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just noticed Fuscalino, you posted a pic of me and my fine Remmy 700! Lol, you know the one you slag off as a heap of cr@p, uck you know the one I'm talking about, the one that kicked your but on satuarday and Sunday at the Irish Open? </div></div>

Remmy???? what make is the trigger?, stock?, barrel? its still a piece of remmy crap lol, You shot 'less badly' than the rest of us pmsl You know Im a bluffer with the rifles, pistols are my thing lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuscalino,
Do you use a mirage cover on your "moderators" I was wondering if you get mirage while using them. Nice trg-22s, love mine. </div></div>

we usually shoot 2 or 3 to a peg so the moderator has a minute between shots to cool off. If im shooting strings on a nice warm day though it will heat up and cause a bit of mirage. First time it happened I thought my scope was bucked.