• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Trigger Tech Diamond or Calvin Elite?

Ranger188

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2018
I've been running Timney CE, but recently had a few FTF and seen on here it could be the Calvin Elite's
It's a couple years old. I see they might have changed them recently.
The TT diamond sounds like a great one. Like a 8-10 oz. pull
Talk me into one or the other.

I've used both the TT Diamond and Timney CE..both set to 8oz. I've never had any mis-fires with either. Both break crisp. I'm sticking with the CE because of the adjustable trigger shoes...but thats personal preference/feel.

Have used both on multiple rifles. I prefer the Diamond hands down no mush to the trigger and you can set it light with a solid breaking wall. All my timney ce triggers had just a bit of play right at the wall

Last edited:
I've installed a Jewell on a Remington 700 5R 300 Winchester magnum and never fired it so I traded it at the LGS and he said the guy that bought it took it out to the range and came back and said it would really shoot! Maybe I should have kept it, oh well. My Bighorn SL3 arrived in town today and I'll go pick it up tomorrow and start to put it together with my Triggertech Special trigger and install it in the stock and go see about what it will do. The Triggertech trigger feels really nice and is sealed against the elements somewhat, unlike a Jewell or the others if that matters considering the environment it will be exposed to. The Texas Hill Country says that's a good thing with all the limestone dust in the air - gravel roads and quarries - ugh!

I wouldn't overlook a 2 stage trigger.

I went from a single stage TT to a 2 stage BnA Tacsport and haven't looked back.

The BnA is an amazing trigger, and I feel you get much better trigger control with a 2 stage trigger.

Reactions: Mach U
I've been running Timney CE, but recently had a few FTF and seen on here it could be the Calvin Elite's
It's a couple years old. I see they might have changed them recently.
The TT diamond sounds like a great one. Like a 8-10 oz. pull
Talk me into one or the other.
I had a few misfires as well. I took my bolt apart and there was grease and
Grit in there. Wiped everything down and hadnt had a problem since.

As far as triggers go, pick one. Ive never used a diamond but I doubt it will make you a better shot compared to what you already have.

If only paying up made us better we would all be the best at everything.

Thank's all, I'm going to pull the "trigger" on the TT Diamond.
Not a bad word said about them here. That say's alot.
I was going to get another C.E. but thanks to you all, I'm
trying the TT. (for my new 6br )
For $70.00 + - worth trying.
Hope this isn't a trend in you helping me spend more of my money..
Thanks Gregg

What does everyone run for trigger style on the Diamond between the pro and traditional? The Pro always cost more.
I run the flat shoe. It makes sure I index my finger on the same spot on the trigger shoe every single time, just low enough to barely touch the bump at the bottom. On a curved shoe it's hard to tell if you're in exactly the same spot every time.

It also has the added benefit of making my trigger finger perfectly straight (not angled up or down) when the action/trigger is in my XLR chassis.

Reactions: Grog11
Flat shoe is best shoe!
I have no experience with CE, but I know I love my TriggerTech and when I felt the Diamond for the first time, oooooooo yeah.
Plus they are built tough. I dont use my TT lightly. Still 100% reliable.

I have thought that the flat shoe would move my finger forward, which would get my finger straighter on the trigger, but have no experience with anything but curved.

I have thought that the flat shoe would move my finger forward, which would get my finger straighter on the trigger, but have no experience with anything but curved.
For me it's not so much that it move my finger forward as it moved my finger down.

Using an XLR chassis if my finger is in the middle of any trigger shoe it will be at an upwards angle. When I put my finger against the bottom lip of the flat shoe it's perfectly parallel with the barrel of the rifle.

For me it's not so much that it move my finger forward as it moved my finger down.

Using an XLR chassis if my finger is in the middle of any trigger shoe it will be at an upwards angle. When I put my finger against the bottom lip of the flat shoe it's perfectly parallel with the barrel of the rifle.
That makes since.
What about adjustments? Is it only pull weight? No worries about messing up the travel on the trigger by adjusting pull weight?

That makes since.
What about adjustments? Is it only pull weight? No worries about messing up the travel on the trigger by adjusting pull weight?
Only adjustment is the pull weight screw, which is accessible even with the trigger installed (no need to pull your action out to adjust it). There is no pre-travel or over-travel to adjust out, period. It's the cleanest breaking single stage trigger you'll ever use, I've run mine from around 3 ounces up to a pound and a half and it's had the same crisp break at every pull weight.

Only adjustment is the pull weight screw, which is accessible even with the trigger installed (no need to pull your action out to adjust it). There is no pre-travel or over-travel to adjust out, period. It's the cleanest breaking single stage trigger you'll ever use, I've run mine from around 3 ounces up to a pound and a half and it's had the same crisp break at every pull weight.
At this low of weight will the firing pin drop when running the bolt hard? I like to safety check that. The triggertech special will drop the firing pin if adjusted to low and rather easily.

At this low of weight will the firing pin drop when running the bolt hard? I like to safety check that. The triggertech special will drop the firing pin if adjusted to low and rather easily.
Around 3 ounces was the lowest safe pull weight for my Diamond. It was a few clicks in from the adjustment being loosened as far as physically possible. I, too, check my triggers by slamming the bolt as hard as I can since I prefer to avoid accidental discharges. That being said, the usual weight I run mine at is in the 8-10 ounces range.

I agree with comments here, the diamond is the best single stage , if you want a two stage, then the bix n andy is the best, although I hear triggertech has a two stage coming out this summer! Hold the phone, I might have to get one of them. I have three triggertechs now. Lol