Triggertech Special—weird feeling

ruger35

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2019
Baton Rouge, LA
Just installed a two stage Special into my latest build. A Lone Peak Razor Titanium Long action, using Hawkins M5 bottom metal, Manners mini-chassis.

Now on to the issue, when pulling the trigger the first stage feels normal, audible click sometimes, but the best way I can describe it is it’s like you’re pulling against a wall the entire time and then the trigger will fire. Could be something easy, but all of my other TT are diamonds, and none have this feel. I was going to swap it out tomorrow if I can’t figure it out, anyone have any ideas?

There’s a click in the first stage? Sounds very not right. Is your second stage or total pull weight set so low that you don’t actually notice that you’re going through the first stage?

There’s a click in the first stage? Sounds very not right. Is your second stage or total pull weight set so low that you don’t actually notice that you’re going through the first stage?
After the first stage there is a click. Total pull weight was averaging about 3lbs. Factory first stage setting, only lowered the second stage. It actually seemed to get a worse feeling overall when increasing weight.

After the first stage there is a click. Total pull weight was averaging about 3lbs. Factory first stage setting, only lowered the second stage. It actually seemed to get a worse feeling overall when increasing weight.
Are you using a trigger pull gauge to measure the total weight or are you guesstimating? You can end up 2nd stage weight to be lower than your 1st stage. What that will end up feeling like is a heavy "take up" until you reach a wall then a light break (that feeling as though you're pulling against a wall the entire time feel).

If you lower your 1st stage weight to be lighter than your 2nd stage, it'll feel like a light take up until you encounter a wall followed by a heavier break.

Reactions: Baron23
I was using a trigger gauge, digital wheeler. I also never adjusted the first stage.

I swapped the trigger out with a single stage diamond I had in a rifle I wasn’t shooting tomorrow and it functions properly. Took the defective trigger and put in a LP Fuzion SA that I’ve shot and it had the same issues.

A call to EuroOptic/TT will go out on Monday.

Reactions: Baron23