Rifle Scopes Trijicon TR23G AccuPoint Scope - Thoughts?

rcpd34

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2011
MD
I have an opportunity to trade my Leupold Mark IV for this and am unfamiliar with it. Anyone have experience with one? How does it compare?

Thanks!

I run a tr23-2 which is the mil reticle. Glass is amazing to me. Beside a vortex PST i think the glass is much better. I have the triangle reticle in a 1-4x and its okay but I don't think I would want to try longrange with no holdovers or any other reference point

As mentioned above, the Triji glass is really nice. But, the unfortunate thing for the 5-20x with the mil reticle (which looks like the TR23G model is the triangle) is that it is paired with moa adjustments. My current favorite AR scope is the 1-4x24 with amber triangle, but for long range it certainly isn't ideal. You can dial elevation easy in moa, but you have no reference points to hold for wind, so you'd be dialing it too.

I wish there was a FFP 5-20x50 with a little thinner mil dot reticle with mil adjustments. They'd sell the snot out of em.

I have the green mil-dot. Scope tracks true. Great glass. Functions flawlessly even after several hundred rounds of 300WM. As stated, the reticle is pretty thick. Great for hunting and under 400 yard precision. I will switch over to my NF when its time to stretch it out tho. If I could do it all over... I'd get the 3-9 version for hunting and go with something different for long range precision. But I won't be selling mine any time soon. I was able to ring a 16" gong at 800 yards easily and I wasn't even on max power.

Bill

Glass is very good for the price.
It's a relatively light scope for its size and magnification range.
The dual illumination is pretty decent, as long as the scope's not too old; after 10 years the tritium decays enough that the illumination is marginal in the dark. The fiber optic illumination works very well.
It's a SFP design with decent MOA turrets but the only graduated reticle available is a mildot.
I got rid of the one I had (2G, mildot with illuminated center dot) because I wanted FFP and matching reticle/turrets.

Joe

I like mine. Great glass. I just wish it had mil turrets. The dot is well illuminated without being over powering. The adjustments are positive. It's not the heaviest scope out there either.

Another 1-4x (TR-24G) end user here... I run it on my KAC SR-15 mod 1 and like it very much... it's pretty close to a true 1x (I can shoot with both eyes open) and at 4x I have no issues engaging targets out to 300 meters, glass is clean, adjustments are repeatable and it's fairly light weight.

it'd be ideal for my set up (and many others) if they would've simply put a reticle in it with some type of holdovers (even something along the lines of an acog).

One more with an Accupoint 1-4x24 on an SR-15. Mine is in a LaRue QD mount. I zeroed at 50 yards which gave me good center of mass hits out past 200.
I have since switched to an Aimpoint Comp M4 with a 2 mil dot as I get on target faster than the scope at full mag. I shot this rifle for groups and know it will put the bullet where I am looking as with a much higher power scope (10x) I was easily under 1 moa at 100 yards off a backpack, even with PMC bronze 55g FMJ. I don't try for anything better than combat accuracy out of this gun, pie plate out to 200 is fine for rapid fire.