Trouble extracting the last component in an integral suppressor.

Riverview

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2012
I have a Bull Barrel 10/12 I had built by the Special Ops. Shop in Madisonville Tn. back in 1998 and I have the suppressor end all apart now except for the first component diffuser that goes in as you put it back together. This is all stainless components and I have it all cleaned back to new appearing with CLR but the last couple of times I have failed to get the first diffuser out and and trying to be more determined. I soaked the stuck component with solvent and gun oil alternating to help my odds of success and ready to try again. There is nothing to hook for a pull as the taper is reversed. I am considering running a kinked over tip on a welding rod or two in from the muzzle thru the center and trying to get some drive out force with a barrel bore rod or option 2 is maybe striking the chamber end with a hard plastic hammer to get it moving ?? Does anyone have any added or better thoughts. The company shows as dissolved a few years ago on a search so it is just me or maybe us if I can find some help here. It was built for me back in 1998...

EDITED For More Detail:

Last edited:
Possibly get a torch and quickly heat up the outside tube to get a little space and smack it out? I'd use MAP gas to get it hot faster before the baffle heats up.
I don't want to tarnish the finish on the barrel but yes, carefully trying this might be a good option, I have good mechanics hands to pull it off safely. Might try a real hot heat gun first.

I don't want to tarnish the finish on the barrel but yes, carefully trying this might be a good option, I have good mechanics hands to pull it off safely. Might try a real hot heat gun first.
Idk if it will do anything but toss it in the freezer first for a while and then pull it quick and hit it with heat. Might also help to blow air down the tube as your heating to keep the baffle cooler longer. Once heat soak gets to it you'll have to wait for it to cool down completely before trying it again.

You need alternating heat and cold. Not a lot, but freeze it then heat the outer tube gently.

Have you considered dipping it something like carb cleaner, or using a ultrasonic cleaner?

I have cans that are user serviceable that I use on rimfire, and they get gummed up quite quickly. My advice to prevent this is liberal use of antiseize on all threaded components. Also the use of silicone oil and silicone paste (IE silicone grease) works very well in preventing baffles from getting stuck.