Rifle Scopes trouble with Eotech 552

MOOSEKNUCKLE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Ohio
I just bought an Eotech 552 a65 that just came back from the sandbox. When you turn it on, the reticle is fine but after a few minutes it gets so fuzzy that it looks like a solid red blob. Then it will go back to normal. This cycle keeps happening every minute or two. The batteries were just changed. Has anyone else had this problem? It is out of warranty (manufactured in Jan 05). Have any of you sent one in for repair, if so, was it expensive?

Re: trouble with Eotech 552

I will probably answer my own question. Did some research online and people say if you have an astigmatism it will appear blurry. Well hooray...I have an astigmatism...so problem solved.
crazy.gif
I guess its better than having herpes
eek.gif

I had the same problem with the 557. When I first looked through it for about 1-2 seconds everything looked pretty crisp and clear. Then the three dots run into each other and form a vertical line. The 65 moa circle was bleeding out as well. It was a little better with the magnifier but still went to blur after a few seconds. I have astigmatism as well but wear contacts which would supposedly be correcting that.

I thought it really sucked compared to the USO SN4s that I was using as well that day. No problems there, just with the eotech. Maybe some of the optics gurus will weigh in on this, Im not super pleased with the 557/magnifier combo right now.

I'v had a few EOTech's, all of them looked fuzzy to me. (That is until they washed out in bright light anyway.) Give me an Aimpoint anyday.