• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

True wood stock options - semi high end

This blank is finally going to get built or sold
1F73AC59-FDE7-4A4B-9253-5213BBB570C1.jpeg
729877DA-3D5D-455F-BCAF-87BA50F06A6D.jpeg
704A40B1-9055-480B-BBFC-087BCF6597FE.jpeg
729877DA-3D5D-455F-BCAF-87BA50F06A6D.jpeg

Reactions: Kwilm
Thank you. Just getting load development worked out but it’s showing potential. I’m not sure I’m going to ceremony’s the barrel black now. I kinda like how it looks with it bare.
Personally I would leave it as is; otherwise you would hardly notice the fluting on the barrel (plus, I think it looks better in SS).

Reactions: Kwilm
If I read that correctly and you are looking for real hard wood or exotic hardwoods you may have to call for sizes and availability
if carving your own stock these places have wood

Love wood stocks....

Trying to sell what I consider a unicorn over on the CMP site.

Its a pre WWII NOS Springfield Armory M1903 stock. The pre wars had a slim elegant profile that Keystones and modern makers haven't been able to match.

7r3p6Xcl.jpg

UcnqJPQl.jpg

8vqTHkCl.jpg

It was intended I would buy a barreled action and make a match grade Unertl/1903 combo out of it. Its pretty boring as far as grain goes but for shooting purposes/strength that straight grain is perfect.

Ill miss not putting multiple coats of linseed on it but it needs a good home.

Man that stick is gorgeous. What's the weight of the stock? I'm wondering what he charges also, guess i need to call him. I'm contemplating foundation revelation for a 300 PRC build if they'll ever make it in a long action, but wanting some what light weight.