• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Range Report Trying to get a 200yd Zero! Need Help...

Navysh00ter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2010
I have a 300 win mag browning eclipse, 22" barrel, pushing a 200 gr sierra BT soft point at approx. 2800 fps. BC is .560 and I am trying to get a 200 yd zero. The range that I have available is only 50 FEET! How much above the 'X' at 50 feet will equate to 200yds.?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Re: Trying to get a 200yd Zero! Need Help...

Thanks for the response, I am trying to sight my "secondary" rifle sighted in due to a glitch with my stock from Tom Manners. Last minute changes and I put all the data in my program and forgot to change the one of the values.

Thanks again!

At 50 FEET I'm guessing you'll still be about 2 inches below your X on the target. The bullet will still be coming up to the scopes crosshairs due to the angle of both. I could be wrong but I've never had to sight in at 50 feet for a 200 yard zero. Be interesting to see what you do come up with.

Topstrap

Exactly my problem! Last minute scope changes are creating havoc. I'll apply what folks are telling me here and let you know.

One of the issues is that Federal discontinued the load that I have a box of. I tried for hours to find the specs. Facebook, who knew?
wink.gif

50ft to have a 200yd zero prolly aint gonna work. just bore sight it with the bolt out on a 200yd target and or use a bore laser guide and you will probably be alot closer.

Theoretically, if you enter all your inputs correctly into a ballistics calculator you could do it. But I advise forgetting about the 200 yard zero and find a place where you can shoot 100 yards. With the exception of some long range shooters or certain weapons, the only other time I can see using a longer zero is when you want to define a tight kill envelope, e.g. 8" dia. that would work on animals as small as antelope and are using a scope without reticle gradations or target turrets. Then it would make sense to establish a max. point blank range zero.