• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Turret press for precision rounds?

goldeneagle

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2011
DE
Anyone out there using a Redding T-7 or Lyman T-mag for loading precision rounds? I'm selling one of my xl650's and trying to decide to go with 3 single stages or get a turret. I know you sacrifice a little with turret moving/tilting but not sure how much.
I can get the Redding for $270 and the Lyman for $160. I've read a ton about the Redding being the best turret out there. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
I had been loading on my dillon 550, 6 months ago I switched over to the T7. All I can say is that I have zero complaints, I make better rounds, and find it easier to put everything in one head that I need. I often have 3 calibers, collet bullet puller, expander. I never have to change out anything hardly. Only unless I do not have a wilson seater for that particular caliber.

Its built like a tank.

Enjoy i have used a RCBS rock crusher for over 23yr just bought a T7 press sure like it. It seems to be more convenient, set up dies and don't have to be adjusting once set for a particular rifle. Both are good quality! I load 300 wsm, 243, 280 ai and 6.5 cm. need to get another turret!

If you ever find where it goes a little out of spec. Just tighten that center bolt. If that doesn't help. Call Redding and they can get you a new center bushing

Hello again goldeneagle1976. When I was loading 338LP I used the Redding T-7 press with great success. No alignment issues or flexing whatsoever. I will use it for the my new RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor as soon as I get all loading stuff together.

Hello again goldeneagle1976. When I was loading 338LP I used the Redding T-7 press with great success. No alignment issues or flexing whatsoever. I will use it for the my new RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor as soon as I get all loading stuff together.

All "O" style presses yield some flex, a T7 or any turret press will have to give more. Not saying it affects the loaded rd, but there is flex.

Last edited:
Several of the NM and 1000 yard guys use the T7 and win. My runout is as low as any ammo I load in any die. Better than I could get with Wilson BR press non threaded dies.