• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

TVP August & September Events

Re: TVP August & September Events

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You gonna be shootin that new 260 next Saturday? </div></div>

Don't think so but we are getting close..
wink.gif

I just watched the station 1 video, nice stuff - who does the calls for corrections, a range commander or a shooting partner, I never been there yet to TVP.

Thanks

Shooting partner calls correction, spotter is just to confirm hits.
Search youtube for thunder valley precision there are a few more video's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6.5

I just watched the station 1 video, nice stuff - who does the calls for corrections, a range commander or a shooting partner, I never been there yet to TVP.

Thanks</div></div>

shooting partner....yes...you should make the trip....I spoke with a gentleman who shot here a couple of weeks ago from North Carolina...he stated that is was by far the best long range setup East of the Mississippi!!

Thanks for the info

I will be there, need to find a partner who’s capable of running his scope, and being able to spot.

Either way I plan on making the trip

guys i could use a refresher on the courses of fire, i am coming up from alabama to shoot the matches on saturday 8/28 & sunday 8/29 and I wantto have my dope set. please advise what the distances are from each shooting point. thanks in advance

In Saturday. Will anyone coming have a chrono or ballistic comp they could bring? Need to map load developed with ladder test previous to shooting match. Could do it from 100, 600 & 1000 to skip the chrono.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks! How is the combo run? </div></div>

It is the short course mix with the long course. really a good shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks one last question-what is the max round count for the combo? wanna make sure i bring enough ammo!thanks</div></div>

Intimidator = 16 targets

Short Course = 11 targets [when shot combined with Intimidator]

27 targets x 3 shots max = 81 rounds

I would bring at least 100 rounds....if you have time before the match..you can check your dope on the range..

now...if you shoot both Saturday and Sunday...that will be more rounds required..depends on what shoots are scheduled..

Good shooting Saturday guys....maybe next time the wind will be nicer

281g2g1.jpg

Wind flag top center...straight out
208a8fk.jpg

Wind flag left edge, straight out...Dust cloud center(V of the hills) miss 585yds
ix61dv.jpg

dob7lf.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good shooting Saturday guys....maybe next time the wind will be nicer </div></div>

grin.gif

Nice wind conditions at TVP, you are funny!

Hope to make it up this weekend,
M Richardson

I HATE the $#@!%&* Wind! It tends to lead to a large expenditure of ammo with anything other than a desirable result!

But shooting in the wind is part of the real world, so a huge thanks to Tom for building TVP so that you can learn how to deal with it as best as possible.

Of course I guess you could also just sit in front of the computer and talk about how you are going to deal with it!

For the new shooters who would like to know about the “Intimidator”, please see the layouts photos below. I took the pictures, the Google Earth maps / layouts came from an older post, not sure who made them up?

Intim1over.jpg

Intim1.jpg

Intim2over.jpg

Intim2.jpg

Intim3over.jpg

Intim3.jpg

Intim4over.jpg

Intim4.jpg

When you make it to TVP, Breeze made up a nice data / score sheet that also has photos. Everyone at TVP will help you out going through the course, so don’t worry about memorizing everything, but it does help to have some type of reference where the targets are at.

Hope to see some of you guys this weekend, Best of Luck,
M Richardson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot.onehit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info

I will be there, need to find a partner who’s capable of running his scope, and being able to spot.

Either way I plan on making the trip
</div></div>

I do want to clarify my quote – I will be there, not sure what date but I am going to make the trip if not this fall, for sure in the spring.

Nice looking course Tom

Here are a few shoot from this weekend and the guys from NC

2hd1hra.jpg

2vc946p.jpg

2n8okl5.jpg

The group shot turned out like s*~t
Good shooting everyone
Great shooting van

If anyone attending the match this Saturday could please pick up a Forester 6.5 case trimmer pilot from their local shop I would be fat, dumb and happy. My local shops do not carry this and it is too pricey to order in only this small item. Gary

Also: to all shooters who took advantage of the "newbie" traing day come on out and try the match for real!!!