• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Ultimatum Deadline Compatibility with Cadex Chassis?

TVLLIVS

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2018
Hello All,

I'm In the market for a new chassis and have my eye on a Cadex Field Competition. My only concern is any potential fitment issues with the Ultimatum Deadline. Just wondering if anyone in the community is running the Ultimatum in a Cadex and if you experienced any issues seating the action. Thanks!

Last edited:
I had almost the same question but mine had to do with the lite competition and the nuke. This is what Ryan McLean a Cadex representative said when I reached out to them.
“Thank you for reaching out to Cadex for your chassis needs. At this point we do not offer a specific inlet for the Ultimatum deadline in the competition series of chassis. As the Deadline is a Rem 700 foot print it will be close but will likely need some small modifications. I would expect you would need to shorten the mag catch to accommodate for the fat bolt/3 lug. I can also not guarantee the bolt wont interfere with the butt stock when it is folded. Last point of modification would be with the pic rail extending past the front of the action. This will have to be cut back so it does not interfere with the fore-end.
As for the strike nuke you would just need to adjust the mag release to insure proper mag height.”
Hope this helps you. Also this reply was made on 1/3/20.