• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ultrasonic Cleaning SOLUTION

I use aviation simple green for almost everything in an ultrasonic. I do soak cans in CLR per TBAC, though - it’s the only time I use CLR.

Either way, I fill the US with water, then put the parts in a ziplock filled with cleaner. Keeps the crud contained and uses less solvent than filling the tank.
Thats a neat idea, thank you!

I use aviation simple green for almost everything in an ultrasonic. I do soak cans in CLR per TBAC, though - it’s the only time I use CLR.

Either way, I fill the US with water, then put the parts in a ziplock filled with cleaner. Keeps the crud contained and uses less solvent than filling the tank.
If not placing into an US, does CLR harm cerakote? This would be submerged in a tube?

If not placing into an US, does CLR harm cerakote? This would be submerged in a tube?
I should have said "soak cans with CLR."

I usually plug an end, and fill the tube while trying to keep the cerakote dry. I use a pasta bottle to hold it upright, I think Sam at TBAC recommended a lays chip tube - they had a cleaning video on instagram. I don't just dunk the whole thing, and I don't use CLR in the US. I flush with water mostly, or US with straight water or diluted simple green AFTER I've soak cycled with CLR a couple times. Usually, a pair of 24 hour CLR soaks/water flush/repeat is all it takes to take it from 15-20g overweight to 0-5g over.

I haven't seen any ill effect on cerakote from the CLR, but I still try to minimize contact. It's not my favourite cleaner but it's hard to argue with the manufacture suggested cleaning method. I'll probably try SG soaks when my giant jug is done.

Reactions: BillyBob13
I've heard good things about the breakthrough suppressor cleaner too. Supposed to be non toxic and won't fuck up coatings or anything.

Also heard some good things about some kind of carb/piston cleaner stuff that's way cheaper. I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit: Berrymans parts cleaner supposedly dissolves carbon on contact. They use it on pistons in engines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparky
Slight derail from ultra sonic.

Have wanted to try this stuff. Haven't seen anybody here use it yet.
Interesting... For $40 would be worth trying. If somebody does, I hope they report back on here.

Reactions: LeftyJason
I’ve been using the Ballistol suppressor cleaner with good results.

First time I applied it to chromo steel and aluminum. Left several days and no stain what so ever. Light stain on brass.

If you can dismount the suppressor there is no need to completely fill it or submerge it on the product. Just scrub it and wash with dish soap and hot water.

Lightly used solution can be kept for the next bath/cleaning

I’ve had my US Cleaner for a decade, so the newer ones might be more powerful, so you’ll need to experiment with yours to find what time duration and heat setting works best in your particular unit. This is what works in mine.

1.) Straight Purple Power
2.) Yes, I set it at 145°
3.) 90 minute cycle (flip baffles halfway through)