• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Fieldcraft Urban Sniping

Re: Urban Sniping

You might check out the Army Marksmanship Units. "Counter Sniper Guide".

It's old but still useful. Lot's of people don't like it because it doesn't deal with the fancy tricked out gimmick stuff many "tactical" people like.

It's practical, it make since. It also doen't cover the fundamentals as they indicate in the guide, there are plenty of marksmanship fundamental books out there.

It's simple, designed for LE. Tells you how to pick a rifle, glass, etc., and how to practice for LE Counter Sniper operations. You'd be supprised what they recommend for training but if you know anything about LE Counter Sniping, and take a honest look at it, you'll see they are right.

The AMU trained a lot of cops in sniping/counter sniping, including the FBI before they got their own program started.

Don't read it if you are wanting something to justify your fancy tricked out tacticool set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might check out the Army Marksmanship Units. "Counter Sniper Guide".
</div></div>

KraigWY,
Do you know where one could get a copy of that guide? I looked online for one to download and attempted to download it twice but both were all sorts of screwed up and unreadable. Thank you very much for your help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KraigWY,
Do you know where one could get a copy of that guide? I looked online for one to download and attempted to download it twice but both were all sorts of screwed up and unreadable. Thank you very much for your help</div></div>

PM me with your e-mail address. I have a good .pdf copy I'll send you.