• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes US Optics Mil Reticle options

Re: US Optics Mil Reticle options

I went Canadian since I was used to the TMR, If I were to do it over I would get the MPR since those last .1 mil differences in ranging are a real deal breaker when you get out and shoot UKD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s2324</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello,

What is your take on the differnt Mil reticle options that is currently offered by US Optics? I am looking at the SN-3 TPAL or possibly the SN-9.

Scott </div></div>
I used to have an SN-3 3.2-17X 44mm ERGO Lo Pro with a green illuminated <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">GAP reticle</span></span> and I really liked it. However, there were times where I wished it had the outer MILs' broken down into 0.2 sections like the S & B P4 and P4F. I didn't like the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">MPR reticle</span></span> because all those long hash lines cover up too much of the target area for my liking.

USO doesn't list it as an option, but they also offer the Premier Reticles Gen 2 XR reticle. I know they offer it for the 3.2-17X, and I'm pretty sure you can get it in the 5-25X T-PAL as well. I've never seen USO's Gen 2 XR diagram so I don't know if the subtensions are the same or similar to either the Gen 2 XR for the S & B or the Premier Heritage scopes.

Keith

I have three USO's with mil reticles. One has their standard mildot, its good but the lines are a little thick compared to my other reticles. I don't know if this has changed with their newer scopes, because I got mine used a few years ago. from them.
The second has the GAP-MIL reticle, the lines are much finer and its a very easy reticle to use for hold overs.
My spotter has the MPR, it is a little busier than the GAP but its not too bad. It is an excellent reticle for my spotter because it is easier to make more precise corrections.
If I was to get another USO for a rifle I would get the GAP, just because it is nice and simple and flat out works.

General field use go GAP ... have a couple with the GAP reticle and thats my reticle of choice. If it was for strickly target work at known distance ... Mil MPR - thinner reticle at the center.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">General field use go GAP ... have a couple with the GAP reticle and thats my reticle of choice. If it was for strickly target work at known distance ... Mil MPR - thinner reticle at the center.</div></div>

You know the ironic thing about your statement is the MPR was designed specifically to mil in the field at unknown distances, and is much easier to get an accurate mil measurements for those unknown distances.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If USO would add a "Christmas tree" like the EBR-2 reticle Vortex uses, then it would be perfect IMHO.
</div></div>

We're listening......stay tuned
John III

Thanks for all the advice. I do like the GAP and the MPR. Is it possible to get the crosshair section with a finer line from USO?

Thanks,
Scott E.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s2324</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the advice. I do like the GAP and the MPR. Is it possible to get the crosshair section with a finer line from USO?

Thanks,
Scott E. </div></div>

Yes, look at the RDPMIL Scale reticle, it has the finest center crosshair out of all of our reticles.
John III

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
USO doesn't list it as an option.............

Keith </div></div>

I've noticed that USO doesn't list a lot of things as options. It would be nice if they would updated their website. I'm not bashing USO. I own one and intend on getting another but I'm just sayin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
USO doesn't list it as an option.............

Keith </div></div>

I've noticed that USO doesn't list a lot of things as options. It would be nice if they would updated their website. I'm not bashing USO. I own one and intend on getting another but I'm just sayin. </div></div>

New website should be up by Thanksgiving or I am going to string someone up by their balls!
John III

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MPR.

If you ever need to use holdovers, range estimate or correct a missed shot, it doesn't get any better. </div></div>

What he said.......

I would have said the same sooner, but I thought this was the same thread from a little while ago that <span style="text-decoration: line-through">I</span> we extolled the virtues of the mil MPR in.

Also thinking about the SN-9 3.8x22 scope. I see that on their website they only offer Mil-scale and Mil GAP. Can the sn-9 have the MPR or even the RDP?

Scott E.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s2324</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also thinking about the SN-9 3.8x22 scope. I see that on their website they only offer Mil-scale and Mil GAP. Can the sn-9 have the MPR or even the RDP?

Scott E. </div></div>

Yes.

Saw a SN-9 on the shop table when I was at USO last week in all its OD anodized glory... that scope seemed like it was at least 2' long... it was awe-inspiring and scary at the same time.
laugh.gif
It dwarfed my SN-3 TPAL with 35mm tube and 44mm objective.

I love the Xmas trees. Mine has the H-25 in it but the EBR-2 reticle Vortex uses would be great too. I would like to see a simpler Horus ret myself. I would love an H-425 hunting reticle as they call it created or as close as possible. I just don't need all those mils of hold over like the H25 provides when down on 3.2 power, it looks like a mushroom with an arrowhead.