• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

USMC Commandant needs a shoulder to cry on

Somebody with the balls to stand up to the madness that evolved from Obama's actions to "transform" our armed forces.

The fact that you don't fucking understand why Tuberville is doing what he is doing makes me seriously doubt your intelligence.

The woke culture in the military must be destroyed no matter the price to be paid.
Tuberville with his vast experience is part of the problem. He's blocking positions, blocking the budget, and next moth he'll question why the military can't do maintenance because we are yet another CR. If you are short sighted enough to think Coach's stand on abortion makes the military better you must have liked getting the short changed and being in the bottom of the barrel.

I'm with you, I support him 100%.

Tired of the roll over Republicans. Glad to finally see one do something.

Glad to see you and I are on the same page with this. Can't understand those people against him, guess they want DOD money being used for tranny story reading hour on ships.

I wouldn't exactly call the Commandant a glorified gym teacher but he is close.
I see you support a man with no military experience making a BS stand because he didn't get Space Forces Headquarters.

Reactions: pmclaine
Tough crowd. Everyone glossed over Gen Smith’s comment “Nobody should feel bad for me,” along with “I don’t mind breaking my own back,” Smith said. “It’s just, I have to make good decisions.” The article continued…

He said he made a similar schedule work while he was deployed to Iraq in 2004 and 2005 and Afghanistan in 2011, but he was much younger then.

“Working on five hours of sleep over periods of time, there will be sloppiness,” said Smith, who is in his late fifties.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says adults should get at least seven hours of sleep per night. In recent years, Marine leaders, including Smith, have emphasized the need for Marines to get enough sleep.

So I ask, how many of you are serving in your 50’s and actually seeing the demands the DOD is putting on senior leadership? In WWII our leaders were waging a world war where the entire country was mobilized for the cause, now most people (even in the military) only care about what they want… and the military is unfortunately at the forefront of social change (yet again). Mission readiness is not the primary goal anymore, if you’re a leader that cares about the mission and the service members, it’s got to be exhausting working under this administration. Everyone is against you.

I’m sure I’ll get some snarky shots from some of you, but that‘s fine, it’s the bear pit… For the curious, I’m 53, have deployed a few times in a few different airframes, answer to everything but sir, and I’m a year out of a deployment to the middle east ( I do despise that place). Still flying nights and still training the next generation of Army Aviators. This shit ain‘t easy.
I'm sure most of his supporters had great military careers. Everyone on of them probably claims to be a war hero.

Tuberville with his vast experience is part of the problem. He's blocking positions, blocking the budget, and next moth he'll question why the military can't do maintenance because we are yet another CR. If you are short sighted enough to think Coach's stand on abortion makes the military better you must have liked getting the short changed and being in the bottom of the barrel.
Here's the real beef, and what the entirety of the Senate and the Pentagon should be thinking about as well, but their only thoughts are on their own political beliefs and not actual law.

The Hyde Amendment. The little thing that says federal dollars cannot be spent to pay for abortions. Like it or not, it's law. The Pentagon doesn't get to choose what laws to follow and what ones to not. Neither does the Senate or the White House. I know, in practice, they very much get to choose what to and what not to enforce, but Tuberville is holding them to the law and to the standard. Their end run around on the law is the issue here, and it's as much the Pentagon's fault for violating the law as it is Tuberville's fault for holding up the promotions over the matter.

Sometimes when you only have one way to make someone listen and do the right thing, you have to get in their face and start fucking with their life. It doesn't matter what his military background is, because he is a sitting Senator on the Armed Services committee. If Chucky or Mitch didn't like it, they could remove him from the committee. Notice they aren't.

If the Pentagon is really that passionate about their stance, then take it to the courts. Have SCOTUS say Hyde doesn't apply in this situation. Prove the case and convince them to rule in their favor. It's really funny (not) that they're not going that route, because they know they will fucking lose because they know they're in the wrong and give zero fucks about it, they're doing it anyhow.

There's a thousand and one charities that will pay for abortion travel, probably even more for those supporting service members and their families. The Pentagon didn't have to go this route to make it happen (and have even said very few have used it), but they took the political stance. The fact the actual Uniformed Ranks are now getting involved is an embarrassment and borderline illegal.

I'm glad at least one Senator had the nuts to start fucking with their lives, and I'm sad there isn't more.

As for the Assistant Commandant... I don't give a flying fuck if he feels that way or not. I can't believe he said it in the fucking paper. Every Marine going through MEU(SOC) workups and Raid Weeks, BRC, and a slew of other schools and training evolutions are shaking their head at their boss's pussy ass statements. I would throw in those in Scout Sniper School, but he made good and sure to get rid of them, so he can fuck off even more-so. What a fucking dope.

Embrace the Suck. He needs to fucking remember that shit.

I see you support a man with no military experience making a BS stand because he didn't get Space Forces Headquarters.

Yep, he's holding a great line. Next rime that lying sack of shit says he respects the military maybe he should try it on a ship that he won't approve the money to fix.

I'm sure most of his supporters had great military careers. Everyone on of them probably claims to be a war hero.
This reads like you have never made a stand for something you believe in. We need more like him.
Our government should not be using taxpayers money to kill babies. No matter what.

Military experience doesn’t mean you are a Patriot.

Yeah I don’t blindly follow just because someone has a veterans license plate.

A lot of absolute shit wears a uniform. Putting more incompetence in place right now isn’t going to improve things., it will make the few competent people left even less influential.

To your second point I don’t even think Tuberville saw that movie…..

BFF84302-4467-4DE4-8656-350FA11E8382.jpeg

Here's the real beef, and what the entirety of the Senate and the Pentagon should be thinking about as well, but their only thoughts are on their own political beliefs and not actual law.

The Hyde Amendment. The little thing that says federal dollars cannot be spent to pay for abortions. Like it or not, it's law. The Pentagon doesn't get to choose what laws to follow and what ones to not. Neither does the Senate or the White House. I know, in practice, they very much get to choose what to and what not to enforce, but Tuberville is holding them to the law and to the standard. Their end run around on the law is the issue here, and it's as much the Pentagon's fault for violating the law as it is Tuberville's fault for holding up the promotions over the matter.

Sometimes when you only have one way to make someone listen and do the right thing, you have to get in their face and start fucking with their life. It doesn't matter what his military background is, because he is a sitting Senator on the Armed Services committee. If Chucky or Mitch didn't like it, they could remove him from the committee. Notice they aren't.

If the Pentagon is really that passionate about their stance, then take it to the courts. Have SCOTUS say Hyde doesn't apply in this situation. Prove the case and convince them to rule in their favor. It's really funny (not) that they're not going that route, because they know they will fucking lose because they know they're in the wrong and give zero fucks about it, they're doing it anyhow.

There's a thousand and one charities that will pay for abortion travel, probably even more for those supporting service members and their families. The Pentagon didn't have to go this route to make it happen (and have even said very few have used it), but they took the political stance. The fact the actual Uniformed Ranks are now getting involved is an embarrassment and borderline illegal.

I'm glad at least one Senator had the nuts to start fucking with their lives, and I'm sad there isn't more.

As for the Assistant Commandant... I don't give a flying fuck if he feels that way or not. I can't believe he said it in the fucking paper. Every Marine going through MEU(SOC) workups and Raid Weeks, BRC, and a slew of other schools and training evolutions are shaking their head at their boss's pussy ass statements. I would throw in those in Scout Sniper School, but he made good and sure to get rid of them, so he can fuck off even more-so. What a fucking dope.

Hear, hear my hale and stout man!

You speak words of truth and logic.

Reactions: BuildingConceptsllc

Not that I care about abortion one way or the other, but travel funds aren't paying for abortions.

As for the dual hatted Assistant Commandant/Commandant, if he can't hang retire.

Not that I care about abortion one way or the other, but travel funds aren't paying for abortions.

As for the dual hatted Assistant Commandant/Commandant, if he can't hang retire.
And that's why it's an end run around - it's paying for it while not paying for it. Just like any money, for instance, say it's Iran's new $6 billion in funds that's "Just for humanitarian use", all money is fungible. Iran is going to do whatever in the living fuck they want with an additional $6B in the Ayatollah's coffers. The Pentagon (in reality, we the taxpayers) is paying for the out of state travel and the PTAD time away from duty to, wait for it... Kill a baby.

Now I've been on taxpayer funded operations to go kill things too, but they greatly frowned upon us killing babies. Like, that was the absolutely worst thing you could do, even above killing your own men level worst. But in peacetime, we're paying for that shit without paying for it but we're paying for it because again, all money is fungible.

The Asst. Commandant isn't saying he can't hang, not at all. He's making another end run around here. He's making a political statement without making a political statement, but he's still making a political statement, full stop. His politically based and biased plea for help to the public is 100% a political statement to apply pressure against Tuberville.

And spare me the pleas that this is harming national security. We're not at fucking war, and nothing is remotely imminent. The last KIAs we had were Kabul in August 2021 when Biden didn't just fumble the Afghanistan withdrawal, he forfeited the game and walked the fuck off the field while forgetting the enemy still gets a fucking vote. Two years since we were in combat action.

No, Ukraine doesn't count, not even close.

Maybe I should have bitched to the Marine Corps Times when I was dual hatting as a Sniper Team Leader and the Chief Scout, and perhaps CG 2MARDIV would have plussed us up to full TO as a result. Or maybe I'm not a little bitch that goes crying to the leftist media when shit gets a little hard and I don't get my way.

Yep, it's the second one.

And that's why it's an end run around - it's paying for it while not paying for it. Just like any money, for instance, say it's Iran's new $6 billion in funds that's "Just for humanitarian use", all money is fungible. Iran is going to do whatever in the living fuck they want with an additional $6B in the Ayatollah's coffers. The Pentagon (in reality, we the taxpayers) is paying for the out of state travel and the PTAD time away from duty to, wait for it... Kill a baby.

Now I've been on taxpayer funded operations to go kill things too, but they greatly frowned upon us killing babies. Like, that was the absolutely worst thing you could do, even above killing your own men level worst. But in peacetime, we're paying for that shit without paying for it but we're paying for it because again, all money is fungible.

The Asst. Commandant isn't saying he can't hang, not at all. He's making another end run around here. He's making a political statement without making a political statement, but he's still making a political statement, full stop. His politically based and biased plea for help to the public is 100% a political statement to apply pressure against Tuberville.

And spare me the pleas that this is harming national security. We're not at fucking war, and nothing is remotely imminent. The last KIAs we had were Kabul in August 2021 when Biden didn't just fumble the Afghanistan withdrawal, he forfeited the game and walked the fuck off the field while forgetting the enemy still gets a fucking vote. Two years since we were in combat action.

No, Ukraine doesn't count, not even close.

Maybe I should have bitched to the Marine Corps Times when I was dual hatting as a Sniper Team Leader and the Chief Scout, and perhaps CG 2MARDIV would have plussed us up to full TO as a result. Or maybe I'm not a little bitch that goes crying to the leftist media when shit gets a little hard and I don't get my way.

Yep, it's the second one.
Other than the abortion argument we are in agreement. BTW, they approved the JCS nominations a couple hours ago.

Navy 85 to 05. Current DON employee working on ship's, tech assists and technican training.

Fuck off. You should have gotten a real job with an organization that actually generates GDP, not sucks it dry.

Fuck the Navy too.

At least Tuberville understands the meaning of duty, unlike the overwhelming majority of cocksucking senior officers and federal employees today.

Bullshit, he is following his personal beliefs.
You can look it up for yourself or read post #56 again.

Reactions: 308pirate
Wah wah, another government contractor crying and moaning about they need more money. The government and it's contractors have rarely ever fixed a problem or made something better but they need tax dollars to fail spectacularly and keep the time sheet filling warm bodies in a job. Woopty do! Look at me! I help make the most wasteful, inefficient organization in the world just "be". Hooray for me!

Maybe the ship builders should have done the job right the first time.

Cough-cough- LCS Fiasco-cough-cough
LCS were ordered by Congress. There was only supposed to be one hull. Congress used it to keep a second shipyard open, changed the budget, and made two hull designs and 32 "Little Crappy Ships" that never met contract specs.

Fuck off. You should have gotten a real job with an organization that actually generates GDP, not sucks it dry.

Fuck the Navy too.

At least Tuberville understands the meaning of duty, unlike the overwhelming majority of cocksucking senior officers and federal employees today.
Tuberville understands grandstanding, what duty does he do? He stands on a pseudo religious belief that attracts weak minds.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
LCS were ordered by Congress. There was only supposed to be one hull. Congress used it to keep a second shipyard open, changed the budget, and made two hull designs and 32 "Little Crappy Ships" that never met contract specs.
Congress didn’t build the shitty ships, shipbuilders did. That buck isn’t getting passed.

And the Military isn't paying for abortions, inability to read passed your preconceived notions. Almost like a liberal.
The argument has been used with planned parenthood. Stop giving them the money and what will happen?
But you wouldn't understand that. Way too complicated. Something tells me that you are not the best tic tac toe player.

You can't possibly be this stupid.

Oh wait you're a federal employee......never mind.

I believe his motto is "Suck during the embrace."