merlinnnn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Ca
I just received my USO SN-3 Scope today,
mounted it on a GAP Non Typical Hunting Rifle in 308
with a Templar action, 22 inch Bartlein barrel Manners SL stock &
HS Mag bottom metal. I could not be happier with the outcome absolutely GREAT package!!!!!

sw7r5v.jpg

309rapt.jpg

vwzhue.jpg

Merlinn

Re: USO SN3 on GAP Non Typical Hunting Rifle

I would love to enter something like that in one of our local tactical or F class matches and see how it does.

Easily one of the nicest hunting sticks I've ever seen!

Nice rifle and scope set-up!!!

Just wondering, how old is your GAP build? The reason I'm asking is that I see that your bolt is not spiral fluted and you don't have a tactical bolt knob?? I ordered a GAP rifle w/ a Templar action and was told that the bolt would be spiral fluted and come with a tctical style bolt knob.

I ordered the exact scope too - I was told it would be ready within the next week.

You guys are funny!! OK styling a bit.. The rifle is about 4 months old, George built it per spec as his personal rig. I thought if it good for him it's way more than good for me!!!
Weight is just about 9 all in 8. something.. I really like the bolt, I can sling it either way it just works..

Thanks,

Merlinn

I love that build !! I think I have just decided what my next build will be after 6.5 and .338 L I will however go for 30/06.

Nice setup Merlinn!! I wouldn't mind putting a SN-3 1.8-10 on my Win m70 coyote in 300wsm. Its my hunting rig I'm finishing setting up. Only thing I have left to get for it is the glass. Enjoy shooting your new stick!!

Is that a #3 Bartlein? Looks great!!

I'm waiting on a GAP 7wsm, #3 Bartlein & manners stock in GAP3 camo

also waiting on a sn3-3.2-17 T-PAL

Yes it is a # 3 contour Bartlein.

The weight is just shy of 9 lb. without the bipod.

This is hands down my favorite rifle, easy carry, solid as a rock, boring accuracy, and the templar action is just tight, smooth and slick.

The SN-3 is my first USO scope, I had tried the 44-mm objective thinking it would be preferable, but I really prefer the 37-mm. When set at 1.8 magnification the field of view is huge, very clear & bright. I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 on an AR, the USO at 1.8 feels as quick as the M3, great eye relief and sight picture.

At the end of the day, I am happy to say if I had it all to do over again I would not change a thing. And to everyone here's credit with out you all this would not have happened. (and I do think it is a great looking rifle, simple, no frills, rugged function)

Many thanks,

Merlinn