• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Utah Shootouts Oct 9 Scores

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Utah Shootouts Notice

To all those that have been interested in our shooting competitions.

Thanks to all involved with the Utah State Sniper Shoot. We will always be changing the course of fire, scoring and how we run things. If you have any suggestions or requests, please let me know. For monthly or annual shoots.

I got some great help to keep the shoots going this year. These guys even let me think I'm helping out sometimes.

We will need some more help in the future, like every month. So please offer to help if you would like to. It's not that hard. We will be happy to train anyone willing. We will accommodate those that are Safety Officers, scorers, spotters, etc. and always give them time to shoot the match.

We will be using the following schedule:

2nd Saturday of each month. At the North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut. Starting Oct. 9, 2010.

8:30 am to 1:00 pm - Practical Precision Rifle – 100 yd, 600 yd, and 1000 yd ranges
1:00 pm to 5:00 pm – Rifle and pistol – Tactical Training Center (Law Enforcement Area) There are 80 some computer controlled, pneumatic powered, turning and pop up targets. A couple of moving targets too. This is one of the only places I know of that civilians can use this type of target system.

Will be throwing in a Over the Edge stage or two now and then too.

Will be scoring, morning and afternoon, as two separate matches. You can add them together yourself if you like, for bragging rights.

Cost will be $20 for the day. $15 for either half of the day. $5 of that, you pay to the range office when you sign in for the day.

Plan on bringing 60 rounds for the Precision and long range stages. 60 rounds for the Tac Center rifle (carbine or semi-auto rifle) At least 60 rounds for your pistol. We usually won't be using that many of each, but bring that many as a maximum round count. .

As always, you only need to shoot whatever stages you can or want. We usually have first time competitors that need to learn what we do and what equipment they need and they are always welcome.

There will be instruction available to first time or inexperienced shooters on the long range and in the Tactical Center.

These monthly matches are more training and practice matches, but we still keep score. They are a little laid back though.

We are starting the process of becoming a official club as we negotiate with Scott the Range Master, to try to accommodate us at the range. It's a real problem when we take up so much space at one time, and keep moving around. The range help hates me. Hard to prorate the rent we pay.

Tentatively planning a big match in August or September next year. A Saturday-Sunday shoot. Have to do a lot of figuring yet. Any suggestions let me know.

If you want to be put on or taken off the email list, please email me and tell me so.

Thanks, Clint

Re: Utah Shootouts Oct 9

Scores 10/9/10
Did 100 yd paper-C/B, KYL, Threat level w/Hostage, 5 bull, 5 shot group, 5 shot sitting.
The wind started blowing 5 to 8 mph and shifting direction about 80 degrees. Made for interesting and challenging next stage.
400 yd LYL (learn your limits) set of targets-8,7,6,5,4,3”. Shoot till you miss and keep your points.
By popular demand we shot this same stage again for another score.

Clint 100
Jeff 156
Greg 321
Wyatt 64
Robert 146
Ron 279
Jeramie 214

Carbine and Pistol
Shot the 8x10”mover at 50 yds. w/carbine.
Shot the paper mover at 25 yds w/pistol
Shot a variety of pistol pop up steel.

Clint 196
Robert 253
Ron 219
Jeramie 259
Dean 101

Not too many people but couldn't have had more fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your the 2nd one that will be elk hunting. We could set up some paper elk you know. </div></div>

Hey Clint, I should have come down. At least I would have "seen" an elk, paper or otherwise.

Alan

Hello Desertratdad (Clint),

I wanted to say that the range in Price, Ut is one of the nicest, well kept and cleanest ranges that I've got to shoot at. A couple of friends and I confirmed our dope on the 1K range prior to an elk hunt two weeks ago.

One of the RO's was giving us a tour of the facility and it was very impressive. As a result of the little tour, there are a number of us from the peoples republic (CA) that are wanting to participate in one of your monthly matches in particular the Utah State Sniper Shoot.

How many people can your monthly matches take on?

Sincerely,

FK300

FK300, we always have enough targets for 20 shooters. If we know ahead of time we've handled more.

Tentatively next Aug (heat) or Sept (big game hunts start) we'll have our Utah State shoot. A two day, $100 thing. How many volunteers we get will determine how many shooters we can take on.

Curious, who was it that gave you the tour?

Clint so sorry I didnt make it. I was thinking it was this weekend for some reason. I know it is the second weekend but thought this weekend was the second. Glad to hear you guys had a good time. How are the targets holding up? Those know your limits stages are some of the funnest i think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FK300, we always have enough targets for 20 shooters. If we know ahead of time we've handled more.

Tentatively next Aug (heat) or Sept (big game hunts start) we'll have our Utah State shoot. A two day, $100 thing. How many volunteers we get will determine how many shooters we can take on.

Curious, who was it that gave you the tour?

</div></div> I forget the guys name. Very pleasant and extremely helpful. It wasn't Scott O. because he was out when we were there. However he and another person were working at the range that morning (Sept 29th). We signed the guest book & range waivers...3 of us from CA. The three of us compete regularly out of Sacramento and are affiliated with NorCal(NCPPRC). If you get a chance, come out and shoot with us out of Sacramento sometime, we have a great long range match every month and a steel match every two months plus we hold the TBRC every May. It's an excellent event that gets filled up in a matter of minutes.

I'm 100% certain that we'll be showing up sometime after the snow melts on the highway and prior to your State shoot in Sept.