• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vice President Candidates - Big Rumble on Military Service

JAS-SH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2020
There's a huge ongoing spat online (X.COM) regarding Tim Walz military service. Hundreds if not thousands of posts from both sides and as usual, with zero proof of anything.

I have a simple solution: Vance should just say: "Here, read my DD214, now show me yours", And THAT, would be the end of it. That is so simple it begs the question: Nothing to hide means nothing to hide.

1723124953524.png

I am retired GAARNG. I was in Iraq with the GAARNG when the MNARNG came into theater. There is nothing more despicable than an ARNG leader who "retires" aka quits abandoning his Soldiers. Lots of us could have tapped out for one reason or another but leaders do not abandon their families and ARNG units are like family.

There's a huge ongoing spat online (X.COM) regarding Tim Walz military service. Hundreds if not thousands of posts from both sides and as usual, with zero proof of anything.

I have a simple solution: Vance should just say: "Here, read my DD214, now show me yours", And THAT, would be the end of it. That is so simple it begs the question: Nothing to hide means nothing to hide.
What is interesting is Tim Walz may not have a DD214 - a DD214 is focused on Title 10 (Active Duty) service. Every time a National Guard soldier mobilizes for Active Duty Deployments (from Title 32 to Title 10), he/she gets a DD214. When we retire from the ARNG we get a NGB22 separation document similar to DD214. That would be telling in itself.

Reactions: lash and JAS-SH
What is interesting is Tim Walz may not have a DD214 - a DD214 is focused on Title 10 (Active Duty) service. Every time a National Guard soldier mobilizes for Active Duty Deployments (from Title 32 to Title 10), he/she gets a DD214. When we retire from the ARNG we get a NGB22 separation document similar to DD214. That would be telling in itself.
Excellent point. My Dad and his brothers all served. I was ready to serve during Nam but Dad convinced me to stay with the lottery while I finished private flying lessons so I could request an ANG post. The war ended before I finished my flight training.

Dad served in the NG as a JAG because when he enlisted he failed the physical (they discovered he had heart palpitations). His older brother served in Korea and stayed in the reserves his whole life retiring as a full colonel. Never, ever talked about it so that experience went to the grave with him.

The guy is a goof so it's probably true. Democrat voters aren't going to care though. A few people in the middle might.

+1
Very few democrat voters will give a shit, and none of them regard military service as an admirable thing these days anyway. From the 'free shit army' of voters, to the morally depraved - 98% of them will vote for a flaming pile of cat shit as long as it had a "D" next to the box.

However, I think that the middle group of independent voters have been groomed to the point where something as spineless as this isn't much of a deal breaker either. 95:5 is the DGAF to GAF ratio here I bet.

Depending on how "clean" old JD is, I'd love to be able to write his one-liners for the vice presidential debate.

You're not supposed to say that out loud. People get really mad when reminded they don't actually care about the thing they're pretending they care about.

Exactly. The right/repubs are taking the bait...so predictable...

Lots of other issues with waltz, and this is the one that the media is focused on? What tells you this is bait is the lefist msm is also reporting on it...but the right just cant help themselves...and the left knows it.

sigh.