• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Voodoo Tactical

Re: Voodoo Tactical

I have the drag bag, it is nice. Not great, but nice. I did end up replacing it with the Blackhawk Stalker Drag Mat, which is great. I usually end up buying cheap stuff and later replace it with quality gear. I wish I would just learn to start with the quality and save myself some money. What are you looking for?

LukeUSMC,

Voodoo Tactical makes some OK stuff. It is not "high end", but neither is the price. I have both their Shooting Mat, and their Drag Bag.

Voodoo Tactical Drag bag is again OK, and for under $100.00 is a pretty good bag. I would not recommend it for "heavy" duty use. For that spend the $300. and get a Tac Ops drag bag or the like.

But for Comps, range use and other such purposes, that a non-operator might use it for, it is a "good" buy. Same with the Shooting Mat. Range use fine; Actual field ops, NO.

I have an advantage. Voodoo's home office is in Durham, NC, about a hour from my house. I can drive there, look there stuff over, handle it, and decide whether I want to buy or not.

Again do not expect Eagle, Blackhawk or Tac Ops quality. Not going to happen.

YMMV,

Bob

like bobinnc said its not operator gear but it hauls your crap to the range. i have one of thier drag bags but its now a gillie bag project. i wouldn't experiment on a $300 bag. its all about what your going to do with the gear and what you expect of it. if i got payed to carry a gun i wouldn't think twice about dropping $300-400 on a bag, but since my life doesn't depend on my gear i'll save my money for ammo.

I have had a Vooodooo drag bag for about a year now, I love it!!, tons of room. I have hiked a lot of farms with it, never actually "Dragged" it though, If was a operator of some type, I might choose something diffrent, but straps were fine, I have been told about complaints about the zipper's, but I have not had any issues. I would buy another one in a second, but like I said I am not in need of a 300.00 bag.

Wow... Do you guys even own one? I've had their drag bag and their backpack for over a year now and it's still holding strong. Granted I don't drag my bag in any stalks just the range about two or three times a month. Some of you are way over your head...

OP, If you're using the bag to stow your rifle or shotty in the trunk of your patrol car I doubt you'll need anything more expensive. My buddy who's a local Sheriff's Deputy uses the same bag as I do to stow his AR.

I picked up their 2 rifle molle bag and it's alright. I'm not finding the zippers to be an issue, which is the biggest complaint. It fits the guns right, has lots of space, and does what I need it to do which is haul gear to the range or cabin.

I'd love to buy once, cry once but sometimes the wallet is more convincing than people.

I am not a field operator. I bought a Voodoo bag. For $100 it works for me. If I was in the field, I would spend more money on better quality gear. For the guy that hunts, goes to the range, or a wish I coulda, it works fine.

You get what you pay for.

The owner Dave sent us a couple of items for trial. Shooting mat, rear bags, shotgun scabbard and their data book. They are not Blackhawk quality so don't fool yourself into that, but they are pretty good. Especially at the price he is selling them. they are excellent for shooters on a budget or beginners. JMO

I have the drag bag and shooting mat. I wanted something to hold all my gear when going to the range which is does fine. I am no "pro" so it works pefectly for my purpose. The one negative is the buckles inside do not take a lot of tension. Not that they really need to, just an observation. No zipper issues with mine either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeyhotfizzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't drag my bag in any stalks just the range about two or three times a month.
</div></div>

It should last you 3 life times.

I have one for my ARs and its fine.... Again its not the best, but for the range and back or a hunting trip it will be just fine.

If your life does not depend on the equipment inside the bag then I would save a few bucks and get a voodoo..

Voodoo Tactical and Condor gear are good just not "Operator" use gear.

If you're gonna take it out hunting or to the range or to comps every weekend, its good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marsox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Voodoo Tactical and Condor gear are good just not "Operator" use gear.</div></div>

I have no idea why, but that strikes me as VERY funny. Maybe because I am not quite sure where the dividing line is between "Good" and "Operator Good".
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Main Entry: op·er·a·tor
Pronunciation: \&#712;ä-p&#601;-&#716;r&#257;-t&#601;r, &#712;ä-&#716;pr&#257;-\
Function: noun
Date: 1611

1 : one that operates: as a : one that operates a machine or device b : one that operates a business c : one that performs surgical operations d : one that deals in stocks or commodities
2 a : mountebank, fraud b : a shrewd and skillful person who knows how to circumvent restrictions or difficulties
3 a : something and especially a symbol that denotes or performs a mathematical or logical operation b : a mathematical function
4 : a binding site in a DNA chain at which a genetic repressor binds to inhibit the initiation of transcription of messenger RNA by one or more nearby structural genes —called also operator gene — compare operon
</div></div>

I have a voodoo tactical butt pack that I use on my molle belt. It has held up pretty good to weekend romps in the woods. Of course I'm not an "Uber-Operator" so if I was it would probably burst into flames, and deteriorate immediately upon being attached to my belt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam Hail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drag bag OK for back and forth to the range. . . . </div></div>

Yes, very OK for that use. Not for really dragging around behind you. Most scoped rifle cases are a poor fit for a tactical style rifle, due the height of the scope turrets, and in some cases the tactical style stocks.

My Boyt rifles cases, similar in price, are fine for hunting rifles, not so fine for Tactical rifles. I use my Voodoo Tactical drag bag for range use, going to comps, and taking my tactical rifle hunting. I do not drag it anywhere. It has plenty of pockets for stuff, like spotting scope et al.

Very damn few of us really need a drag bag, for actually hauling a rifle over rough terrain. Those that do, buy something "better" made.

Bob

FWIW, I "drug" my Condor bag (as in actual "under observation" stalking) for the last two weeks. It works fine.

I have had one zipper pull on an accessory pocket give up, but since it's double zippered it doesn't matter.

Now don't let this get anyone to thinking that the Condor is equal in quality to the Eagle or other US Made Lifetime Guaranteed products. It ain't. However, it will get the job done and then some.

I am in the process of designing something for actually stalking with a real live tactical rifle (not a safe queen). This is to address some of the issues that we have found with these kind of bags.

i have a couple of the voodoo single point slings and they have held up for over a year of abuse on my rifles. i also have one of their shotgun sheaths that has also seen hell. my buddy put my mossberg persuader that was in the sheath on the bumper of the truck and forgot about it. we drove off, the sheath fell off the bumper and the sling looped around my trailer hitch while it dragged onto the ground, it hit the ground and as near as i can figure it mustve bounced onto the knoxx specops stock end or something but it bounced up and hit the doors on my construction cap and made a loud "wham" that got my attention, so i pull over and looked for the cause of the sound and found my shotgun still in the sheath with the sling looped over my trailer hitch and a sizable dent in the door of my cap and only a little road rash on the sheath and stock pad. i was amazed the sling and mounts held together with the stress of it. needless to say my buddy does not touch my guns again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marsox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Voodoo Tactical and Condor gear are good just not "Operator" use gear.</div></div>

I have no idea why, but that strikes me as VERY funny. Maybe because I am not quite sure where the dividing line is between "Good" and "Operator Good".
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Main Entry: op·er·a·tor
Pronunciation: \&#712;ä-p&#601;-&#716;r&#257;-t&#601;r, &#712;ä-&#716;pr&#257;-\
Function: noun
Date: 1611

1 : one that operates: as a : one that operates a machine or device b : one that operates a business c : one that performs surgical operations d : one that deals in stocks or commodities
2 a : mountebank, fraud b : a shrewd and skillful person who knows how to circumvent restrictions or difficulties
3 a : something and especially a symbol that denotes or performs a mathematical or logical operation b : a mathematical function
4 : a binding site in a DNA chain at which a genetic repressor binds to inhibit the initiation of transcription of messenger RNA by one or more nearby structural genes —called also operator gene — compare operon
</div></div></div></div>

laugh.gif

I've got one, and like others are saying, it's not the best, but it gets the job done. For my needs, I could not justify spending the additional money for a gucci brand. To each his own, your mileage may vary.

I have one for my M700 and one of their padded weapons cases for my ARs. Never had a problem, never had a complaint, and I dig them. Mine just hold my guns and gear, and that's all I expect from them...I won't be stalking any insurgents any time soon.

DSC03058.jpg

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03062.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC_Tanker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one, and like others are saying, it's not the best, but it gets the job done. For my needs, I could not justify spending the additional money for a gucci brand. To each his own, your mileage may vary.

I have one for my M700 and one of their padded weapons cases for my ARs. Never had a problem, never had a complaint, and I dig them. Mine just hold my guns and gear, and that's all I expect from them...I won't be stalking any insurgents any time soon.</div></div>

USMC Tanker - how thick is the foam on the Voodoo bags?

Thanks!!

I was at the Army Surplus store today and noticed some Voodoo Tactical 36" soft cases for the first time. I'm just finishing up a nice AR15 build and thought I ought to pick up a padded case. I've kinda been going back and forth between a padded weapons case and a Pelican case (I like my other Pelicans because I can throw them in the back of my truck and not worry about them getting bumped around or beat to shit).

I've been looking at Eagle and Blackhawk's ~36" bags. I'm curious of which brands of bags you consider the "Gucci" of soft weapons cases. (I realize that just about any padded case will probably get me to and from my range just fine.)

i have a bunch of their stuff, some i still have, and others i sent back. most of their things have good options and convienance trinkets that are good enough to take to the range or hunting, but i certainly would not take it anywhere that my neck may be on the line.

if they added more quality to the stitching and zippers, perhaps.

I just ordered about $100 worth of mag pouches to go on my eberlestock pack for 3 gun matches. I am very pleased for the price, the fit the AR mags well and the hi cap pistol pouches will adjust to hold either 1911 or hi cap mags.

Come on guys,the bag isnt bad.Hell ive got a 2 gun drag bag and i haul my rifle and my friends in it" both weighing in at about 14lbs" and nothing has broken,come loose,ect.It feels like i have a dead body in it when i pick it up and its still holding strong.

PS I spent the extra 200 bucks on stuff more usefull like Ammo and such.

I've got a VooDoo 36" "Tactical Molle" bag that I got a long time ago when I got my first AR (and didn't know any better). Its cheap enough that I would classify it as "Airsoft" quality.

The plastic buckles will break if stepped on or strained hard at all. The stitching is not made to hold a lot of weight and the connection points are not solid enough for me to trust it under any serious conditions.

The bag I have is called a "double-rifle bag", but when loaded with a single AR and several loaded mags, it is strained to the point that I wouldn't go any further (I've got some stitching coming loose in a couple of places).

My zipper lasted a couple of years before it started missing a tooth halfway up the side of it. This bag now serves as my Son's bag to throw the rifle in on the way to the range and that is it. I would not travel anywhere with it, and I would not try and haul my gun in it through any terrain what so ever.

Keep in mind that I spent $35 on this bag several years ago - that's what they cost back then and its what they're worth today. If you look hard enough, you can find a higher quality bag (look at the Black Hawk, 5.11, or Tactical Tailor bags - all are almost as cheap as the VooDoo's I've seen since the Election scare).

I got a 5.11 on sale at LA Police Gear for less than Cheaper Than Dirt wanted for the VooDoo. Side by side, there's no comparison, the 5.11 is easily twice the bag.

The main reason I wouldn't buy one is not the quality (though that would keep me from getting another one by itself), but the fact that Cheaper Than Dirt OEMs these bags and for a while was the only place you could get them - CTD hiked prices during the Election scare to an absurd level - so did everyone else selling "tactical" bags. The name-brand bags stayed at the same price, but these cheap Chinese-made clones went sky high.

If you spent more than $39-$49 for this bag, you need to hit up some of the site sponsors here - there are plenty of bags right around $100 that are much better (and many are made in the USA).

I own multiple things from voodoo and i have no complaints. I have a rifle soft case that has survived for over a year with no more than normal wear. I have a molle shoutgun scabard that I love and it has also held up nicely and some rifle guides that work well but i have only used them a few times. I would also mention that Voodoo has been getting better and now is adhering to milspec quality. I like to try stuff from low end to high end and for the money voodoo works just fine. Yes if you pay $300 for something rather than $100 you (for the most part are going to get higher quality). If you are not looking to spend alot of $$$ companies like Voodoo and Condor work fine.

i bought a voodont single point sling. i am happy with the little clip on the end that attaches to the AR. no wait, i forgot, that turned out to be just painted black and after attaching to my rifle it scraped off the black paint. now as a product manufacturer you probably could have chosen a clip that had a black finish and not just tried to paint a chromed one black. the bungee cord elastic performed well. they sewed a sleeve around the strap so it will ride easier on your shoulder. good idea, unless you sew it so tight that you cannot increase the length due to the buckle being too big to slide into the sleeve. and the strap that goes around your neck, how hard is it to fold a flat length of webbing in half and sew? too hard for them, it had a twist in it. but hey other than that, its a great product. they did offer to refund it but after paying for shipping back to them, it was easier and cheaper to put it on the shelf, where it still sits untouched since the day i bought it. after that i passed on their shotgun scabbard unless i can see one in person. to be honest, its fine at the length it is for my AR to hang at my side, i have never shot the AR and dont plan too and im never going to go on an op, but it should still adjust. really i just wanted a single point. i think what alot of people on here and in life want is just someTHING. id buy the double rifle drag bag from either cheaper than dirt or that single from midway, cause its not about the quality, ill never crawl or stalk or drag the bag, its about money. thats why i have a savage and not an M40 built off surgeon or some other high $$ parts. if i were an "operator" id have an unlimited budget like the govt and buy $700 hammers and $1500 toilet seats. i dont know why people have to seek approval from others to satisfy that need to have. just buy it, see what happpens. you can always send it back, then your only out the shipping. but also if you look in a catalog and see single point slings from $20 to $80, be realistic. if your life is on the line, spend a little more, if not save your money. if its just an impulse buy, go low dough. hell i dont need half the stuff i own, but i wanted to own it. now it collects dust next the the rest of the stuff i thought i had to have. i look at the pile and say "wow, good thing i didnt get the $80 dollar single point"

wow, was that a rant?

it was, congrats! your first?
i think youve nailed a big problem with consumerism today: buying for want, not need.

which ends up buying for bargains, not quality...

which the bean counters read as make for less, sell for more...

which results in "made in china"...

im new here and i have been reading posts. i posted a question and forgot i was on the internet. i found the answer online but didnt get back to delete the post in time. so even i do it, ask what about this, how about that. thats why people come to forums. they want to know now. they dont want to have to type it into google or yahoo and sift through the returns. they want to ask the question here and have someone else do the searching/thinking for them. i say just do it, learn from the results. buy it and see how it holds up. but i see why people get pissy. most questions have already been asked and answered. just search and read other peoples replies. but there is always, in any hobby, someone that has more money than you. r/c cars, kites, cameras, you name it. they will always have top end stuff. thats fine for them. but man, unless you are a professional soldier you dont "need" the best. you may want it, but you dont need it. but hell man, its just a drag bag. and really unless your a soldier do you need a drag bag? so you want one to haul your kit and look cool, do you "need" the top dollar one? are you really going to drag it while crawling into concealment to take a shot? if not walmart has plastic cases for $20, got three in the closet. fits 2 long guns each. like the other post about the 5.11 boonie hat. someone mentioned a $50 boonie...seriously, come on. i bought 3 at the dollar store for under $10. for 5 years they have fit my head, what more can you ask from a hat? its just tiring having people say more money = better stuff and not realize not everybody has the option to drop $200 on a drag bag that will get limited use when they can get one for $55 or $75 that will do that person just fine. would i like an M40A4 built on surgeon and S&B and all top end stuff? why sure. do i have a savage sporting a millett? why sure. have i shot it yet? nope. if i had the money to buy the M40, my truck would be running and id shoot alot more. actually my truck would be running if i just fixed it, but still, people should buy what they can afford. in the end, its all relative.

I have one of the 46-inch MOLLE Soft Rifle Cases. It is a dual rifle bag which is what I was looking for. It totes my AR-15 and AR-10(w/24" barrel) just fine. I am no operator so I do not need one of them high speed low drag 300 dollar bags. It totes my gun to range and back and that is all I needed and it works wonderfully for that. It has plenty of pockets for mags, tools, binos and just about anything else you take to the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im new here and i have been reading posts. i posted a question and forgot i was on the internet. i found the answer online but didnt get back to delete the post in time. so even i do it, ask what about this, how about that. thats why people come to forums. they want to know now. they dont want to have to type it into google or yahoo and sift through the returns. they want to ask the question here and have someone else do the searching/thinking for them. i say just do it, learn from the results. buy it and see how it holds up. but i see why people get pissy. most questions have already been asked and answered. just search and read other peoples replies. but there is always, in any hobby, someone that has more money than you. r/c cars, kites, cameras, you name it. they will always have top end stuff. thats fine for them. but man, unless you are a professional soldier you dont "need" the best. you may want it, but you dont need it. but hell man, its just a drag bag. and really unless your a soldier do you need a drag bag? so you want one to haul your kit and look cool, do you "need" the top dollar one? are you really going to drag it while crawling into concealment to take a shot? if not walmart has plastic cases for $20, got three in the closet. fits 2 long guns each. like the other post about the 5.11 boonie hat. someone mentioned a $50 boonie...seriously, come on. i bought 3 at the dollar store for under $10. for 5 years they have fit my head, what more can you ask from a hat? its just tiring having people say more money = better stuff and not realize not everybody has the option to drop $200 on a drag bag that will get limited use when they can get one for $55 or $75 that will do that person just fine. would i like an M40A4 built on surgeon and S&B and all top end stuff? why sure. do i have a savage sporting a millett? why sure. have i shot it yet? nope. if i had the money to buy the M40, my truck would be running and id shoot alot more. actually my truck would be running if i just fixed it, but still, people should buy what they can afford. in the end, its all relative. </div></div>

With all due respect, while I believe I see what you are trying to say, your post seems to make a lot of pretty broad generalizations that don't necessarily represent everyone's reality. I doubt too many on this site are independently wealthy or "men of liesure" - but many DO have top quality kit/gear...weather they specifically NEED it or not(which is a purely subjective assessment anyway). If the quality, durability/reliability is deemed critical enough to them, then folks feel the expense is justified. Sometimes the less expensive item will work just fine - sometimes cheap crap is just cheap crap.

Of course many, maybe most of us here don't need an "operator" level drag-bag, for instance. Indeed, most of us have no need for a drag-bag at all! But it is very cool to have a site like this where you can find opinions from folks who have had, or still have a very real need for, and wealth of experience with the hardcore gear, and to get their input about what is truly good-to-go and what is best left to the airsoft folks, etc. It's up to those of us viewing the site what we do with the info.(and what we spend of course)

I don't think it's really so much about cost at all - it's about quality, performance, customer service(or standing behind your product), supporting American companies/businessmen, etc. Hell, look how many owners/manufacturers, reps, etc. from some of the absolute best of the best frequent this site - now that's a level of service WAY beyond what one will experience with your average "bargain gear" company on their best day.

It's sounds as hackneyed as can be, but it's still true in my experience - you get what you pay for!

Just my two cents...

oh i agree with you. i didnt say anybody here was a lotto winner. but in all my different hobbies, there is a set of people. in that set, you have those that are at the top of the income chart and some at the bottom. like my 4x4. i swapped the 460 in, did the 4" lift, swapped in 1ton axles and taught myself how to weld so i could build stuff that i couldnt afford to buy or pay others to build. other guys take their 4x4 to the shop and write a check to get 2.5 rockwells installed. to some, the cost of a $300 drag bag isnt as big a bite as it would be for another guy. i can buy a $75 drag bag and take care of it, make needed repairs and it will do me fine. now if i had to crawl into position to stalk and kill, id pay the extra for the $300 bag. and you are right, you get what you pay for.

and i agree about the knowlege on this site. its a great resource. thats why i posted my experience about voodoo. but if a guy is choosing between a $55 and a $75 dollar bag, suggesting a $125 isnt really the best advise. true the cheaper may fall apart eventually and that may be sooner than the $300 one, it may be all the guy needs at the time. like i said its all relative. but i respect your opinion and reply, we artent that far apart on this

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOMEBODY SIGN THE AXEMAN TO A BOOK DEAL!!!!!LOL. But for real.....I like the VooDoo I carried my service rifle in...it served its purpose in and out of the Humvee...through the silt they call sand in Iraq, through bullet ridden buildings, crawled with in and out of windows doors palm groves....you name it, shot at with...hell it even had shrapnel from whatever the fuck it was that blew up next to us out on patrol. yea some stitching came undone...a zipper pull broke but fuck it....if thats all you have to complain about then the motherfucker served its purpose now hasnt it???.....point being ...there is always going to be a difference of opinion. Stop whining about the little shit

Bryan