• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Vortex Sparc or Burris AR-132 or AR 332?

maceves

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2012
I'm considering these three red dots. I like the size of the Burris, just feels beefy, but not many reviews on it. I have seen a lot of reviews on youtube from the Sparc and folks seem to like it. This would be mounted on my AR-15 SBR.

The Sparc with the LaRue mount will come out to be around $280, a bit more the cost of the Burris.

Your thoughts.

I have an Aimpoint pro on my Tavor and an Aimpoint H1 on my M4 and I have shot an M4 with the Lucid hd7 . The Lucid is no Aoimpoint ,but for $189.00 with the mount landed it might be something you would consider . You could use it for a while and upgrade later and you won't loose much money when you sell it . At any rate I would at least check it out . Another option is to use the irons until you buy an Aimpoint . You can never go wrong with an Aimpoint

Last edited:
If you're considering both Vortex and the Burris Prismatic sights, bear in mind that Vortex will be announcing new versions of the SPARC, Strikefire, and two new optics that are direct competition for the Burris Prismatic sights, the new 1x and 3x Spitfire Prism optics at SHOT Show next week in Las Vegas.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/series_ps_spitfire.jpg

Vortex Optics - StrikeFire II Red Dot

Vortex Optics - SPARC II Red Dot

Vortex Optics - Spitfire 1x Prism Scope DRT<br />(MOA)

I hate it when I buy something and then the New And Improved version is announced immediately afterwards.

I feel personally responsible for the Glock 30 having an accessory rail, as I bought one without a rail about a week before the railed version was released.

Mark H.

Holy smokes, that Spitfire 3x Prism Scope looks just like the Burris. Thanks for the intel. I had a feeling they were coming out with something new since some of the prices dropped on the Sparc. Thanks again!

I just bought a SPARC over X-mas leave. So far not bad but haven't shot near enough yet to tell if it's what I want to stick with. So far I'm at 1180 rounds with it on my AR and haven't had any issues other than my dads dog ate the lens caps ten minutes out of the packaging.