• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA?

Juice5610

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
So Cal, USA
Re: Vortgex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA?

I've had two of the 44mm objective models, one mildot and one BDC, as well as the Super Sniper. The Vortex smokes it in every category with the exception of eye relief and adjustment range. The eye relief was marginal at 20x, no problem what-so-ever at 14x which is where it mils anyway. 68 Minutes of elevation adjustment is plenty with a 20 minute rail. But optical quality, repeatability, clarity, etc., were all excellent. I don't think there's better glass out there for the money.

Paul

I've got the same scope you're looking at. I've had it for a while now and still love it. Glass is pretty good, tacking is great, customer service from Vortex can't be beat. Overall, just a great scope. I have started to use it more and more at 14x so I could get used to the mildots and a lower power since I'm ordering a 4-16x PST through Liberty Optics.

Its a good enough scope that I was planning on trading it in toward a newer Viper PST but have since decided to just keep it and save up for the PST. I just don't want to get rid of such a great scope that works. Check around for a used one but I have only seen a few pop up used. They hold their value since the warranty is forever and pretty simple.

Great scope, you won't be disappointed.

Good luck!
Mike

does the vortex have some kind of zero stop or markings that let me know how many revolutions im in so I dont get lost in the scope? I'm a noob and still dont understand that quite well

I answered your PM but figured I would put the answer here too in case someone else has the same question.

It does not have a zero stop. The newer PST version will have a primitive Zero-Stop using shims.

It does have horizontal hash marks under the knob that reveal how many rotations your are on from the bottom. Its not perfect but it works for me. Really, about the same from just about every other scope out there that doesn't have zero-stop.

I'll post some pics of mine when I get a chance.

Mike

Search is your friend
smile.gif

Vortex Viper 6.5-20 review

Have the viper 6.5-20x44 have to say im disappointed... I didn't want to wait til the PST came out because I didn't want to spend more money on something I hadn't found to be a proven product. Now I feel like an idiot. Love this scope and wish I had waited for the PST. The EBR reticle would make my life easier breaking down mils for ranging. Vortex needs a trade up program. BTW their binos are bad ass too was lookin at them the other day wishing I could stumble upon 750$.

Buy their products you will be very satisfied

Reactions: Thecelt