Rifle Scopes Vudu 8-32x50

Had one, but never mounted it. Just wouldn't have used it enough.1/8th clicks and tiny floating dot is perfect for prairie dogs and shooting groups: unfortunately, one I hate doing, the other I never get the chance to.

I'm reviving this one because I want to know if anyone has looked through one of these. There is zero info anywhere online about this scope. It's poor on features but if the glass is great I might want to look closer at it.

Well, I found a dealer sample that was way, way below even the current sale prices so I ordered it. I'll put it on a bench .22 and test it out. I hope it turns out to be like a more refined Sightron SIII. My old SIII was good for this rifle but I think this will be better running between 50-300yds with 100MOA of elevation. Add a reticle that's not a dot or fine crosshair with 1/8 moa turrets and I think it'll be just what I need.

Anyone tried one ? How does glass compare to a Delta Stryker?

Mine should be here today and I'll be able to compare it with a Cronus BTR in a week or so.

Edit: got it and initial impressions are very good. The turrets turn easy, clicks are muted but not sloppy. They wouldn't be great in a situation when hearing and feeling your clicks under time pressure were needed. The Midas TAC for example has a more solid turret feel. The side focus is smooth as is the zoom and it goes down to 25yds. I was able to look at a reference point 100 yds away and it resolved detail as well as my ETR and pine needles at 150yds were very sharp and the color looked good and bright to my eyes. Edge to edge clarity was great and there was no CA noticeable, but the sun was going down and I wasn't looking at anything white. The eyebox was not too tight at 32x either. When I get the Cronus I'll do some side by side testing on some various targets at different ranges.

My only negatives so far are that there are no trim rings to cover the turret cap threads when they are removed. Seems to be that would be a detail you should think about when selling a scopes with a high retail price. Also, a zero stop would be nice considering the price. I'm sure it could have been added for little extra cost considering most new scopes have them and this isn't marketed as a budget optic.

I also don't really know who this will be marketed to. I'll be shooting for groups off a bench or prone at known distances up to 200-300 yards using an accurate and heavy .22. I'm sure I'm in the minority of potential users, but for me it's an excellent choice. I had a Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60 and that was more than I needed, but most buyers would go with one of those just because of the similar price point and a desire for at least 40x magnification. I would suspect that if there is a gen 2 of this scope it'll be more in line with the Delta Stryker and Trijicon 5-50's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I had a GE not too long ago and it had very good glass to my eye. Hard to compare from memory but the GE had very good glass too, I don't recall ever looking through it at 32x for any length of time and I didn't have it long. The GE has a solid record and this one is an unknown so far. There are a lot of good deals on used GE's right now too. The turrets feel better to me on the GE, but that's all subjective. Neither is sloppy but the GE had more distinct clicks in feel and sound.

Last edited:
Here's a small update. I had it out today on a .22 and compared it with my Cronus BTR. It appeared equally as bright at 32x as the Cronus was at 29x and the eyebox at 32x was not too finicky, a little easier to get behind than the Cronus. Parallax was easy to adjust and wasn't overly finicky at short range. The focus dial markings were a bit off, reading 45yds at 50 then 125 at 100yds. Resolution was crisp and I didn't observe any CA. I didn't have time to run a box test or tall target test. Adjustment from 50 to 100yds was dead on using Strelok but again, it was very limited range shooting. When I get time I'll do some tracking tests and so forth, but it seems like a quality optic so far.