• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Warne Skyline Bipod

Just some quick Picts of bipod with claw feet and extensions. Scope is just one I qd on to break in rifle while I decide which scope to put on.

Reactions: Stropp
I just saw one of these in a local store and it was a little different than what is being shown here. The one I saw only has 3 positions, instead of 5. That being 0, 45 and 90 degrees. However, if you brought the legs back, you put the bipod into rapid deployment mode. The legs could just be flipped down quickly to the 90 degree position. Looked like a nice bipod. The pan feature could be taken out, so it would just have CANT. And it locked up pretty good. Came close to buying it, but I want to see more of the new Thunder Beast bipod.

Last edited:
I just saw one of these in a local store and it was a little different than what is being shown here. The one I saw only has 3 positions, instead of 5. That being 0, 45 and 90 degrees. However, if you brought the legs back, you put the bipod into rapid deployment mode. The legs could just be flipped down quickly to the 90 degree position. Looked like a nice bipod. The pan feature could be taken out, so it would just have CANT. And it locked up pretty good. Came close to buying it, but I want to see more of the new Thunder Beast bipod.
Mine is 5 positions... are you sure it was a skyline? If so, it is either a prototype or counterfeit.

Mine is 5 positions... are you sure it was a skyline? If so, it is either a prototype or counterfeit.

Positive it was. I can go back tomorrow and take a picture. I also just went to Warne's web site, out of curiosity and found that their website only lists the 3 positions. Skyline Bipod

I actually think I like the quick deployment feature better than the 5 positions.

I guess I'll have to go take a picture tomorrow. I doubt Sportsman's Warehouse orders counterfeits. I think they changed it. Maybe to avoid patent infringements.

I found this old description of the bipod:

• Patent Pending Design
  • Quickly attaches to any Picatinny/Weaver Type Rail
  • One Hand adjustability
  • 5 Position Leg Rotation: 0°, 45°, 90°, 45°, 0°
  • Leg Extension Min Height 6.9”/Max Height 9.1”
  • 22° Total Cant/44° Total Pan
  • Weighs 19 oz
  • Arca Swiss Rail version coming soon
  • Designed and MADE IN USA

Notice it says 5 positions.

Now the new description says this:

• Patent Pending Design
  • Quickly attaches to any Picatinny Type Rail
  • One Hand adjustability
  • Rapid leg deployment from horizontal to 90°
  • 3 Position Leg Rotation: 0°, 45°, 90°
  • Leg Extension Min Height 6.9”/Max Height 9.1”
  • 22° Total Cant/44° Total Pan
  • Weighs 16.5 oz
  • Arca Swiss Rail version coming soon
  • Designed and MADE IN USA
This one says "Rapid leg deployment" and "3 Position Leg rotation".

The one I saw at Sportsman's, the legs would fold back, pointing towards the shooter when mounted on the rifle. Shooter could then "flick" the legs straight down and they would lock in the downward position. There were no notches and you didn't need to use the levers, just push the legs down. Then there were notches at 45 degrees forward, away from the shooter, towards the muzzle, then at the horizontal position was another notch. You had to use the lever again to move it to this position.

Went back and bought the bipod. It is definitely only 3 positions. (I guess 4 if you count the back position). They've put a sticker on the packaging that covers up the old 5 position nomenclature. I really like the bipod. Here are some pictures:

You can see the sticker indicating 3 positions and the new "Rapid Deploy" feature.

The new Mcmillian extreme really interests me. I stopped by Hill Country Rifles in New BraunfelsTx today and they have some coming in. I told them to hold one for me

Went back and bought the bipod. It is definitely only 3 positions. (I guess 4 if you count the back position). They've put a sticker on the packaging that covers up the old 5 position nomenclature. I really like the bipod. Here are some pictures:

View attachment 7077501

View attachment 7077503

You can see the sticker indicating 3 positions and the new "Rapid Deploy" feature.
I know that the Evopod had a 5 position feature as well and then they had to change their design to only be 3 position. I think I heard it had to do with the Atlas design, not sure if Atlas came after them but between the two versions I had one was 5 and the other was 3. This might be a similar issue.

That new one also has thinner legs and is said to be lighter. I saw a press release through a google search about it from this past week. Kind of a stealth update. I like the chunky one I got though.

Ok, looking for a bipod upgrade from my Harris knockoff that was given to me. From what I’ve read and watched the Warne seems to be the way I’m leaning. Any other ones to look at?

Or they saw that no bipod under $300 is worth using so they upped the price so people would buy it.

Yes, the price is key. I'm waiting for a model with a dedicated bottle opener that doesn't say Coca-Cola on it to help defray patent and manufacturing costs because they know they will only sell X widgets.