• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Was this a good deal on a 5r?

Tomekeuro85

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, IL
I just set up a buy on a 5r for myself (though honestly I should not have but you only live once and I work hard and feel I deserved this haha)

Its a Factory Rem 700 5r less than 100rds thru it.
Badger 20moa rail
a second stock- new HS PSS stock.

All for $950 shipped.

Good deal?

Re: Was this a good deal on a 5r?

I've seen the new ones go for $11-$1300, but cutting below a grand, with the addition of a badger rail makes it a pretty decent deal.

Congrats on the new gun Tom, now you just need some time off work to come out and shoot it.

I just got my NF in for my 6.5x47L today, I'll be mounting it up when I get home.

If you've got time I might do some shooting some time during the week next week, what ever day is good for you is good for me.

If I had the ammo I'd shoot every day of the week.

thanks!

I actually just sent you a PM haha. We gotta get some shooting done in a few weeks once I get done with everything. I won't have to worry about a 3 foot wind drift anymore haha.

Sounds awesome on the NF, those things are great. What kind did you get?

Mil/mil NSX 5.5-22x56

I picked it up used here, it has a few marks on it but I'm happy as hell with it.

I looked through it last evening right at dusk and I was quite impressed with how bright is was compaired to how dark it looked outside.

What I mean by that is the image looking through the scope was actually brighter than the naked eye.

Now I just need to get some coyote hunting in to really test it out.