• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Weatherby Mark XXII .17 HMR

POTUS12

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2007
North Louisiana
I like nice rimfires. Own a Cooper 36 and have had a couple versions of Kimber 82 but always in .22 LR. I have the Magnum Research in .17 HMR but with all the warnings on the ammo about not using it in a semi-auto I am leary to shoot it. I have been looking at the Weatherby Mark XXII. I like their accuracy guarantee and the gun has a really nice feel. I have an opportunity to get one that is NIB for a pretty good savings. Looking for feedback...good or bad. Anybody own one or shot one?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Weatherby Mark XXII .17 HMR

Was the accuracy what they said it would be? Is it finicky with ammo? The more I think about it the more I want this thing. If for nothing else than to have a nice piece to pass down to my son some day.

001ue.jpg

I was left this by my cousin that passed several years ago. He was into wood inlaying and custom wood stocks. He was also a lefty. Very accurate and never a problem with ammo. This is the .22 though.
005bgr.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: POTUS12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like nice rimfires. Own a Cooper 36 and have had a couple versions of Kimber 82 but always in .22 LR. I have the Magnum Research in .17 HMR but with all the warnings on the ammo about not using it in a semi-auto I am leary to shoot it. I have been looking at the Weatherby Mark XXII. I like their accuracy guarantee and the gun has a really nice feel. I have an opportunity to get one that is NIB for a pretty good savings. Looking for feedback...good or bad. Anybody own one or shot one?

Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Off the subject but related.

I sold my Volquartsen 22mag semiauto because one one shell didn't go completely into battery but fired anyways and blew the magazine out the bottom.I'd rather have a 22lr semiauto or just step up to 223Rem.

Steve

i own a 17 mach 2--and a 17 Fireball--no reason for 17hmr
but have a friend in TX with the Weatherby 17HMR (early on)
and it fires and functions beautifully--heard that it is an
Anchutz rifle stocked and sold by WBY but do notknowfor sure
Every Anchutz rimfire i have owned (5) have all shot lights out

I believe we're talking apples and oranges.
The old MKXXIIs were semiauto .22s from Japan and Italy.

The current MKXXII is a rebadged Anschutz bolt gun. Ought to be as accurate as any other Anschutz.

I own the new Mark XXII bolt in .17hmr, its basically an annie 64 action and barrel. It shoots lights out! shooting federal v-max's, a typical 5 shot group is one ragged hole sometimes with a flyer not far off,