Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

image.jpg

Found this gem for $99 today.

I feel the same way. The last one was a Snowshoe Foundation pick and was about the same as all the others I’ve tried. Just meh. It was the best option I had at the time.

Yep, I have these 4 on the shelf and they never get drank by me. Not my cup of tea. I give them to guests and like I said, some love them. Just not me..

The top of the bottle should have a X-XX to the right of the "barrel proof". The number after the dash tells you have rickhouse. I think JD has 98 rickhouses. I have yet to find one. The one I have is a 2-28 and I got it as a gift as it was bottled on by birthday.

I’m in the same boat. The others were just ok. Hard to drop $$$ on something that the other expressions were just so-so… how is it?
I’ve heard the term liquid candy on many reviews regarding the reviews and I get that as well. Chocolate, brown sugar, vanilla and mesquite wood tones. I will continue to purchase at local price in Texas. You can catch it for $160 if you are patient normally around the $180 mark.

Reactions: db2000
The Winn Dixie #3 is incredible. So is the Chris Fletcher pick for bourbons. WD3 barrel house is 2-47 🤣. CF is 2-11.

Lexie Phillips, first female JD Assistant Distiller and black I think, 2021 pick rye 92 proof is killer for the proof. Barrel house 2-25. Then I have a 9/23 barrel house 2-11 132.4 proof. It’s delicious as well but I’m bias to most of these BP ryes. It’s 2/3 gone 🤣
All the rest stock pile are barrel house 2-3, 1-6, 1-9.

IMG_0300.jpegIMG_0299.jpegIMG_0304.jpegIMG_0305.jpegIMG_0306.jpegIMG_0307.jpegIMG_0308.jpegIMG_0310.jpegIMG_0313.jpegIMG_0312.jpegIMG_0314.jpeg

For my tastes, those JD SBBP bourbon and ryes are hard to beat given price and availability. A local liquor store just released a barrel pick of the SBBP rye from a Coy Hill warehouse and it sold out in a couple hours. I missed out there.

Reactions: db2000
My kids coughed some bullshit on me and had me sick for a week a week ago. Shit sucked.
There’s some gnarly respiratory viruses going around since last December or so that can last 2-3 weeks. No real treatment except supportive meds. Brutal. Covid, RSV and Flu will all be negative. CXR will be diffuse multilobular involvement.

Reactions: padom
Marinated this Tri-Tip in my Brazilian steakhouse marinade for 6hr. I then seared it on both sides 400F for 2min then slow cooked it on the smoker for 2.5hr @ 225F until it hit 125F. Then let it rest for 30min.

Did some carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, celery and onions in the cast iron to go with it.

Tri-tip is melt in your mouth tender and juicy.

Felt like this WFP SP was the right choice to pair with it. Cheers 🥃🥃🥃

I really enjoy it. It has a rich depth to it and lots of flavor. They are relatively available in my area so I always buy the new bottle when I see it. Their single barrels are also very good with molasses, brown sugar and oak flavors. I think they are worth the price at MSRP.

I cannot get Stagg Jr or any of the BTAC or Pappy bottles so FN has become my attainable substitute.

Last edited:
LBP and ECBP C924 dropped at my local store yesterday. C924 is the newly redesigned LBP label... Also, I keep hearing everyone raving about this Bullet 12yr Rye (MGP juice). Ive had 3 different people tell me its the best deal you can find on the shelf @ $50 for 12yr MGP juice....Anyone here try this one?? They even said during press release, it even includes some 17yr MGP juice in it....

BKP3ACp.jpg

Last edited:
LBP and ECBP C924 dropped at my local store yesterday. C924 is the newly redesigned LBP label... Also, I keep hearing everyone raving about this Bullet 12yr Rye (MGP juice). Ive had 3 different people tell me its the best deal you can find on the shelf @ $50 for 12yr MGP juice....Anyone here try this one?? They even said during press release, it even includes some 17yr MGP juice in it....

BKP3ACp.jpg
I always enjoy the EC Barrel Proof. Not really a fan of Bullet. Have yet to try Larceny.

BKP3ACp.jpg
I have the 12 yr for some time. It’s good but not what it sounds like they’re making it out to be. There’s several bottles still at the ABC and I didn’t grab a backup if that tells you anything. I wanted to be super stoked about it not even knowing all that you shared.

Reactions: padom
I have the 12 yr for some time. It’s good but not what it sounds like they’re making it out to be. There’s several bottles still at the ABC and I didn’t grab a backup if that tells you anything. I wanted to be super stoked about it not even knowing all that you shared.

That's disappointing. Might just use it as a gift then. Haha. Don't need another one glass drank open bottle on the counter.