• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

What atlas Bipod

justinmac13

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2014
I have been trying to decide between two bipods, I am going to get them from area 419 with the arca clamp but cannot decide between the BT65 and the BT46, Can someone lay out any advantages one may have over the other that is not listed in the actual side by side comparison on size etc. they seem pretty similar just the 65 is a little beefier from what I am seeing on the comparison.

Take a look at the Atlas website:

The BT65 is the CAL, cant and lock. The BT46 is the PSR bipod. The legs are the same size but the designs are different. The PSR pans and cants, the CAL has a wider stance and does not pan plus the cant can be locked with the KMW Pod Loc lever. I prefer the CAL since I have not found the panning feature to be used much. Even if I'm shooting movers, the CAL will work just fine also.

Do a search of the Atlas cal vs psr on this site or google it and type in sniperhide in the search bar with it. Lots of great threads comparing them and others similar

That said I have the Cal and love it. Here’s a thread I started when making my choice

Super CAL.
48C1C9FE-05C2-44B6-83FE-2BDBD2677383.jpeg

I just ordered the cal from area 419 this morning...I had an atlas years ago and didn’t like it so we will see how this goes.
I’m interested in your thoughts when you get to run it.
The older atlases are excellent bipods but it think we moved past them in expectations of stability.
The CAL was definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Reactions: 47guy
I have the CAL and Super CAL and while I like the Super CAL, it's really stiff and super stable with the widest stance of any bipod that I own, I wouldn't use it in a precision rifle match because it's too big and unwieldy, I think it would be harder to handle around barricades, tank traps, T poles, etc.

I’m interested in your thoughts when you get to run it.
The older atlases are excellent bipods but it think we moved past them in expectations of stability.
The CAL was definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion.

this is what im hoping...i did not like the BT10? i think it was...it was narrow and just felt weird...i used it one time and sold it.
the cal looks like a much better design IMHO.

this is what im hoping...i did not like the BT10? i think it was...it was narrow and just felt weird...i used it one time and sold it.
the cal looks like a much better design IMHO.
The BT10 footprint and stability are similar to a Harris.
The CAL is way beyond the Harris without being gigantic.
A Good compromise.

The standard CAL G2 is my favorite and prior to I had the PSR. If panning is an unwanted feature I wouldn’t recommend the PSR. Nice bipod but the tension adjustment wheel tends to come loose, for me it was all of the time. Just bought a second CAL in their limited no-dye. Unless you intend to run AREA 419s arca lock system maybe consider the RRS BTC clamp if you haven’t already. It allows use on both arca and picatinny rails.

The standard CAL G2 is my favorite and prior to I had the PSR. If panning is an unwanted feature I wouldn’t recommend the PSR. Nice bipod but the tension adjustment wheel tends to come loose, for me it was all of the time. Just bought a second CAL in their limited no-dye. Unless you intend to run AREA 419s arca lock system maybe consider the RRS BTC clamp if you haven’t already. It allows use on both arca and picatinny rails.

im all in with the acrca set up so i bought direct form 419 with their clamp already installed

So I got my CAl today and I must say I’m very impressed...it’s rock solid and they fixed all the things that made me not like the first one I owned.

I’ll get out this weekend and use it but I already know I’m going to love this bipod...I’m pretty sure I’ll be replacing the one on my vudoo with a CAL but want to run this one though a little testing first.

I received mine in today too. Love it so far. I ran the Arca rail and bag out my basement window this afternoon after I installed them. I’ll try the bipod out this weeken I hope. The bipod seems pretty sweet, thank you all for the recommendation.

Attachments

• C5C80CF6-9C20-4522-AE49-DFD4FB02FD32.jpeg
    C5C80CF6-9C20-4522-AE49-DFD4FB02FD32.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 0DD1A8DD-EF52-4ACC-BFF7-98533F6D139A.jpeg
    0DD1A8DD-EF52-4ACC-BFF7-98533F6D139A.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 284
I received mine in today too. Love it so far. I ran the Arca rail and bag out my basement window this afternoon after I installed them. I’ll try the bipod out this weeken I hope. The bipod seems pretty sweet, thank you all for the recommendation.

sweet stock my vudoo is in the same one and my BRA is in the sage flats.

Hard to beat the CAL. I haven't found a situation yet where the pan feature would be useful. Just a hindrance in my opinion. Flip the bipod around so the locking lever is on the front so it doesn't get in the way of your bag.

So I shot with the cal today and as I thought I love this bipod...rock solid and nice wide stance.

only issue was the arca clap thumb nut came loose twice but I’m 99% sure that because it’s new and needs to be broke in a bit.

Ill be ordering one for my vudoo in about an hour....got a fat tri tip on the Traeger right now!

So I shot with the cal today and as I thought I love this bipod...rock solid and nice wide stance.

only issue was the arca clap thumb nut came loose twice but I’m 99% sure that because it’s new and needs to be broke in a bit.

Ill be ordering one for my vudoo in about an hour....got a fat tri tip on the Traeger right now!
there's a solution coming for this soon. real soon.

if you're not using an arcalok its slightly hard if you don't have man hands to get it super tight

lol
I had a buddy with a M14 in a JAE try my SCAL today.
I thought I might have to fight it out to get it back.