• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What base and ring setup to get for my rem700

redirt78

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Georgia ***USA***
It is a factory Remington 700 308 win short action. I need 30mm rings for my Burris XTR624.

Probably want to go with a rail base. I won't be shooting over 700 yards anytime soon with 500 being more realistic for me. Longest kill so far is 450 on a buck. I'll bee keeping any live target shots down to 500 yds or less for the near future. I'm not set up anywhere where I have any shots over 5 anyways.

I do not plan to ever shoot 1k-2k yards with this setup so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't need something like a +20 base-correct me if I'm wrong, I do have an adjustable comb if you think I should get a tall base.

If someone knows a link to a thread with basically this same question, it'd be cool to post it

If not just reply with your opinion and let me know what kind of $'s the setup you recommend will cost, where to find it is cool too.

Thanks for the help/time

I will erase this if I figure it out on my own, won't be buying any of this for a month or two so I'll start looking now.

Re: What base and ring setup to get for my rem700

Thanks. I figured it was no fluke when a lot of the high end custom rifles I've been seeing on here had Badger bases and rings One of the nice things I see about the rings is how you can put a real tool on the ring mount nuts for torquing.

Wondering if anyone has experience with Badgers rings/base combo and other, not quite as expensive yet quality setups that they can compare the two.

If anyone does happen to have or see the Badger pieces I need, used in the FOR SALE section on here please PM me and I'll owe you one.

Thanks

If you don't want to drop that much coin on your stuff an EGW 20 MOA base and a set of Burris XTR rings can be had for around 80 bucks.

I have seen that a lot of people like the Burris rings. Seekins is another brand I see on a lot of high end guns. I will check out the others too. Thanks everybody.

Night force dirent mount for a 700 sa. Light clean and no lapping required. My choice for a hunting rig certainly. Cheaper then doing a lot of base ring combos out there and you get nightforeces warranty. Just my $.02

I'll throw in my 2-cents

TPS rings and base.

I recently bought a set and the fit and finish are excellent. They are worth looking in to...