• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What genius gets hired for this stuff?

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    This is a legitimate question from Idaho's current white tail deer hunting survey.

Screenshot_20240911-005047_Edge.jpg

Would seeing white tail deer be anything other than ABSOLUTELY VITAL to white tail deer hunting?

These morons are the same ones in charge of the "conservation" of our game animals. They are the same ones who think the wolf reintroduction is "going well".

Damn mouth breathers.

Dang. Nothing has changed in the past 20 years, I had to move for a job from North Idaho to KY. The wolves were really starting to do some damage north west of Salmon, ID to the mule deer when I moved and they were not tracking them. I have a lifetime hunting license there and was thinking of planning a backpack hunt in 2025, but I’m not sure how to figure out where the wolves are not messing things up. I use to get controlled hunt elk tags in units 29 and 37a south of Salmon and OTC mule deer north of Salmon.

Any idea if there is a reliable website tracking the wolf packs? And the damage they are doing?

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Dang. Nothing has changed in the past 20 years, I had to move for a job from North Idaho to KY. The wolves were really starting to do some damage north west of Salmon, ID to the mule deer when I moved and they were not tracking them. I have a lifetime hunting license there and was thinking of planning a backpack hunt in 2025, but I’m not sure how to figure out where the wolves are not messing things up. I use to get controlled hunt elk tags in units 29 and 37a south of Salmon and OTC mule deer north of Salmon.

Any idea if there is a reliable website tracking the wolf packs? And the damage they are doing?
    I don’t know if they actually track the wolves and the damage they are doing, but they might. You can join them and help support the cause. If you get back out here to Idaho to hunt get a wolf tag and you will get a bounty from them if you kill a wolf.

Reactions: lash and KYAggie
    This is a legitimate question from Idaho's current white tail deer hunting survey.

View attachment 8499083

Would seeing white tail deer be anything other than ABSOLUTELY VITAL to white tail deer hunting?

These morons are the same ones in charge of the "conservation" of our game animals. They are the same ones who think the wolf reintroduction is "going well".

Damn mouth breathers.

Here are blind hunters you know.

I just buy wolf tags and shoot them if they screw up my elk or deer hunt.

But I also live on the border of the tag required area in MT. So if they cross the highway they're varmints, and they don't know that.

View attachment 8499083

Damn mouth breathers.
    Any other stupid questions on that survey?

For deer you are fine. They are still ok. Elk have been obliterated though.

• Sad
    Reactions: KYAggie

Just go ahead and buy a couple of wolf tags. Bagging even one will restore your cred in ID and just imagine what it would do for your bragging in KY!

• Haha
    Reactions: 232593 and KYAggie
    Tags??? SSS
    Yes...and that is done quite a bit. I have a friend that did that many times, then he shot a collar. Now what? Leave no trace? Nope...far easier to just use your tag. Besides, they are cheap and unless rules have changed in the last 2 years, you can get 5 rifle tags.
    EDIT: Just checked...no daily limit and no season limit! Smoke the whole pack.

Reactions: 232593 and KYAggie

I hunt farther north, I live on the border and have a buddy with 160 acres in Idaho and have hunted there for 15 years.

Figure at least 25% fewer animals and they are far more skittish. More people , at least double in most areas. California cunts cannot hunt worth a shit. Everyone I've seen will start following you thru the woods if they see you. If you are in a tree stand they will sit directly under it. If you are still hunting they will sit 20 feet away. If you are in a field and they drive by, they will stop and watch or start walking over near you.They hunt in gaggles of 3 to 8 people.

California scumbags are ruining and will eventually ruin all hunting and gun ownership in Idaho. They are a fucking cancer.

We caught three on our fenced, posted and gated private property last season. All from California.

• Sad
    Reactions: KYAggie
    Yes...and that is done quite a bit. I have a friend that did that many times, then he shot a collar. Now what? Leave no trace? Nope...far easier to just use your tag. Besides, they are cheap and unless rules have changed in the last 2 years, you can get 5 rifle tags.
    EDIT: Just checked...no daily limit and no season limit! Smoke the whole pack.
    Apparently a rancher in MT shot a collar once. Feds noticed when the GPS signal popped up near the US Mexico border, so I’m told.

But yes smoke the whole pack, every day and twice on Saturdays.

Reactions: Aftermath
    Apparently a rancher in MT shot a collar once. Feds noticed when the GPS signal popped up near the US Mexico border, so I’m told.

But yes smoke the whole pack, every day and twice on Saturdays.
    Those collars don't generally get tracked 24/7/365...depending on which tech is used, they may not even be tracked until someone with an antenna points it in the right direction. The collars do have a data logger built in that those who care can download the data from and learn where that wolf went over the last 5 years. Others store that info and then blast it out when the collar receives a ping from whatever...satellite, cell tower, telemetry radio, drone... I would imagine that there are collars that can and are being tracked 24/7/365 but I bet their use on a wolf is rare.
    I haven't kept up with it all but last I knew, there were about 2,000 known wolves just in Idaho and they were moving westward and southward fast.
    I can tell you from personal experience that the entire Clearwater drainage (North, Middle and South Forks), the Selway and Lolo drainages, all of Idaho County, the St. Joe drainage...all have been heavily and negatively impacted by the gray wolf. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the wolf. They have a purpose. The problem was Feds repopulated the wolf and expected it to stay inside the fed lands AND vigorously enforced they be left alone. They learned to not even be afraid of man The population boomed due to prey that had no idea what was after them. Even before legal hunting was allowed, guys around Weippe were shooting them from vehicles at close range...like 20-40 feet, with birdshot or small calibers so the animal ran away before passing to the land of the Raven and Coyote. Smart animals, they learned to stay away from man a little more.

Reactions: KYAggie and 232593