• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

What is your guys take on Badland bullets ect

I tried out a box of 50 of the 375 ICBMs a few weeks ago because they have a good G7 rating on AB bullet library.
I could not get them to work. I was testing with 5 shot groups and I was getting ES of 80+ and SD of 40+. There would be a random round that would be 100+ FPS faster or slower out of nowhere in every ladder test load I made.
Groups were all 1-2moa. It never really got better.
I'm using a 1-8 twist bartlein barrel for 375 cheytac. Loading with an autotrickler, Whidden bushing, expander, and lee arbor seating die.

Meanwhile I also tested the 390gr Atips the same day and I easily got sub 20 ES and sub 10 SD with them while also landing on a .3 group.

They might work for some by my gun at least did not like them at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earnhardt
A friend of mine tried mightily to make the .338 Badlands 255gr ICBMs work in a 338LM. I witnessed his struggles. They were all over the place at distance even though they shot well at 100. He finally threw in the towel and went back to 300gr Bergers and A-Tips, but the Bergers are all he's shooting now.

Reactions: kthomas
I tried some .338 ICBM-2 ; 265 grain
Length - 1.957
Twist 9.0
BC G1 - 0.910

tried them in my TRG with 1x10 twist. I believe the twist was too slow, bullets probably want 1.9 or faster
I couldn't get them too shoot, probably pushing them too hard 3000+ (too fast, hit overpressure). I figure Berger could get their 250 grains @3k and shot great; I was hoping for about the same on the 265s
I was using 015 jump, probably needed a bit less, MORE barrel, MORE twist...
I still have them, I'll try them out again when I get a 33XC
steel head told me (back in the day) that
"015 is well within reasonable range of jump but I had better luck closer." He was using 1x8 twist
They sure are pretty though :)

Reactions: lash
The old icbm 350gr held their own against a field of heavier 375cal bullets. The icbm2 was a little less successful. The icbm2 in 338cal 285gr got my only win in an elr match. Shot amazingly well.

Ownership is changing and bullet design will probably follow. The bc is solid compared to others and that comes with a little less forgiving bullet. Just the way it goes. A Berger vld has a better bc than a sierra match king, but that comes with a little more work.

Reactions: Asgard1
They are pretty, at least…
IMG_7611.jpeg
IMG_7688.jpeg

Reactions: kthomas and Geno C.
I tried some .338 ICBM-2 ; 265 grain
Length - 1.957
Twist 9.0
BC G1 - 0.910

tried them in my TRG with 1x10 twist. I believe the twist was too slow, bullets probably want 1.9 or faster
I couldn't get them too shoot, probably pushing them too hard 3000+ (too fast, hit overpressure). I figure Berger could get their 250 grains @3k and shot great; I was hoping for about the same on the 265s
I was using 015 jump, probably needed a bit less, MORE barrel, MORE twist...
I still have them, I'll try them out again when I get a 33XC
steel head told me (back in the day) that
"015 is well within reasonable range of jump but I had better luck closer." He was using 1x8 twist
They sure are pretty though :)
.035 jump