• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What length bipod do you guys prefer.

6.5labs

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2014
I am planning on picking up a harris bipod for my ar. I prefer a 6-9 on my bolt rifle but am a little concerned it wont be long enough with a 30 round mag. Should i stick with the more solid 6-9 or get the longer 9-13.

Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I have no problems with the 6"-9" Harris on my AR's as far as 30rd mags go or prone shooting in an open area. The taller bipods are better though if your are hunting in tall grass or shooting up hill. I prefer shooting sticks for that though.

Last edited:
6 to 9 swivel with notched legs all the way.... The lower and more level with your rear sand bag the more accurate. Get a 20 round pmag. I rarely use my 30round pmags anymore.

Thats if shooting from bench or flat level ground.... Field work might require 9 to 13

I am planning on picking up a harris bipod for my ar. I prefer a 6-9 on my bolt rifle but am a little concerned it wont be long enough with a 30 round mag. Should i stick with the more solid 6-9 or get the longer 9-13.

Thanks in advanced.

Ok thanks for the input. That was what i was thinking but wanted some input before i bought one that didn't work very well.

Attachments

• M4 COMPLETE .JPG
    M4 COMPLETE .JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I generally use the Harris 9-13, swivel, notched legs for everything...and I would go with sticks for anything needing more height. I still have a couple of 6-9, but I only use those on the bench, they are too low for anything else.