• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What scope are you using on your 22 stick?

Re: What scope are you using on your 22 stick?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a super sniper.</div></div>
Ditto, I am running a 10x currently. Nice quality optics, great people, amazing CS.

Lets see...2 have Bushnell 4200's 6x24, Burris 4x20, Nikon 4.5x14, Leupold 6.5x20 and a NF 8x32BR waiting on Chad to finish my new rifle.

Started off with a Bushnell 3200 10x then used a Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 I borrowed from my .260. Now my rimfire wears a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44. If you are limiting yourself 100 to 150 a 10x will be just fine. I used the straight 10x out to 250 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HathcockWannebe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mueller "APT" 4.5-14x40mm! Very happy with it. </div></div>

Just installed the same scope on my CZ 452 Varmint .17hmr today, thinking about getting another for my 452 American .22lr.

On the
1. Sako Quad - Leupold 4-12x w/dot (for squirrels and CMP)
2. APA Quad trainer - USO 3.2-17 ERGO
3. CZ Trainer - Nothing! The best training iron sights on a .22LR, just like the Finn M39.

CZ 453 Varmint = Sightron SII Big Sky 6-24
CZ 452 Varmint .17hm2 = weaver v16
CZ 452 Varmint .17hmr = mueller APT 4.5-14
Ruger 10/22 = Clearidge Ultra XP5 5-20
Sako Quad = waiting on a Vortex Viper PST 4-16 (scott at liberty optics)

I was suprised at the optic clarity of Mueller APT for the price. You have to hold a positive cheek weld or the scope will "blink" at you, but quality glass for the money!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HathcockWannebe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mueller "APT" 4.5-14x40mm! Very happy with it. </div></div>

Same here, I run that same scope on my 10/22, very pleased with it.
I run a Bushnell Tactical Elite 3200 5-15x40 on my Savage Mark II TR.

I use a Hawke Varmint sf 2.5-10x44 its got a nice half mil reticle and I can easily get to 200 using the holdovers provided with their balistics program

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tan Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver Grand Slam 3-10x40 mil/mil </div></div>
X2 on the weaver. Quite happy with it. I can get out to 300 yards w/20 moa base on my savage 22lr. I have shot 350 yards but had to dial 10 mils and hold over 4 mils.

Weaver 3-10 mil/mil on my CZ
USO ST-10 on my Sako Finnfire
Leupold 2-7x compact on my son's
Nikon 4x on my daughter's 10/22

All work well for their purpose....mil scopes on the guns I use to practice distance and wind and basic enclosed turrets on the hunter/plinkers. We shoot all of them to 150 yds...300yds on the mil/mil scoped guns.

+1 for this on a 22LR. I have it on my CZ and it works really well.

BSA tactical mil/mil FFP side focus 4-16x from midway usa.

Yep it's a BSA. But it's a great scope for a .22 anyways....

(don't know if it would take the recoil of a big centerfire or I'd recommend it across the board for the money.)

Nice modern Mil reticle
TONS of elevation
side focus
30mm tube
.1 mil target turrets (yes slightly mushy)

I couldn't really justify more for my CZ tackdriver even if I had double my budget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell Elite 3200 10x </div></div>

Ditto

Just ordered 2 Weaver 3-10 mil/mil cuz Midway has the Bushnell 10x40 mil/mil on backorder. The Weaver is on sale at $299 and the Bushnell goes for $250...the Weaver sale expires the day before the Bushnells are expected back in stock. At the end of the day it was 'get a $250 scope for $250 or get a $400 scope for $299'
The Weaver has less internal adj. (56 MOA vs 80 MOA on the Bushnell) but the variable power lets u see targets up close better as the Bushnell does not have a parallax adjustment. When I get the scopes in I'll be able to review em more critically.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Super Sniper 3-9x42mm </div></div>

This.

I use my CZ 452 22LR as a trainer for my 308 so I don't want high magnification due to the decreased range.

I just ordered a weaver tact grand slam 3-10 mil/mil from midway!

It's going to be here the 29th it's going to go on my kimber govn't 82 when that arrives. Until then might go on my Mauser military trainer!