• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

What scope would be good for a .22lr?

savmk66

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
NC
I'm looking for a scope to put on a Mark II BTVS, and i don't want to spend more than $150. I have a Nikon Prostaff, but i'm not really sure how good the reticle would be for 100-150 yard shots. All help is greatly appreciated!!

Re: What scope would be good for a .22lr?

Depends on your intended use. 22LR Tactical Competitions require more magnification than hunting or plinking. The Nikon Buckmaster 4-14x44SF seem to do very well and have solid adjustments. If you can live with a fixed power, the Bushnell 3200 10x40mildot with Target Turrets is also a good one.

I've got a Center Point that's for sale if you're interested. It's new in the box and never been mounted. It's the power class 3-12X44mm with red and green illuminated mil-dot.

Thanks...ANDY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savmk66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking for a scope to put on a Mark II BTVS, and i don't want to spend more than $150. I have a Nikon Prostaff, but i'm not really sure how good the reticle would be for <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">100-150 yard shots</span></span>. All help is greatly appreciated!! </div></div>

for those kind of shots, you are going to need about 20 MOAs or so. Nikon are great. I have a Vortex Viper 6-20 on mine. Got it here from one of the Hide member. Works great. Lots of MOAs left over and it's Mildot.

Hi Andy,

I thought i would was going to have left over money after i bought the gun, but I'm not. It turns out I'll only have around $20 to work with, so i guess I'm using the 3-9 prostaff. Thanks for the offer!

Hello,

I was (and still am) looking at Nikon and Leupold 'scopes for my Mk II BTVS.

However, there was a recommendation by someone I consider a rimfire guru, of the Mueller APV 'scope.

It's a 4.5x - 14x variable, AO adjustable down below 10 yards.

The glass is Japanese, and though assembled in China, it is done so through a the Japanese company and must pass Japanese inspection before being shipped here.

I have mine sighted in at 50 yards, know the hold over for 75 yards, and have the turret marked for 100 yards (24 clicks; 6 MOA).

It works very well for what it is, and I would compare the optical quality to Nikon, though neither approach Leupold.

Zero does not drift, and it has no problem returning to 50 yards after being taken up to 100yds.

Josh <><