Rifle Scopes What scopes are comparable?

In general, a higher quality scope with fewer features will give better service in an equal price range. Used scopes will offer better value for dollar than new.
The mistake that many make is to buy an inexpensive scope with all the gadgets. On a budget, think used, think fixed power, think quality.

Unless doing so will put you in the poorhouse, wisely spending more on a better scope than what you think you'll need is seldom a regret.
Buying used increases your buying power and decreases the hit you take when/if you sell it.
With many manufacturers offering transferrable lifetime warranties, there's little to no risk buying used, and there's a lot of great scopes for sale here in the Hide.

That said, if you have a strict budget, both the SWFA and the Bushnell are quality scopes.

I'm on a budget so what scopes are comparable to the SWFA SS 10x42M in quality and price? From everything I've read it's a good quality and good price?

I started with the Bushnell 10X but moved to an SWFA 12X. The Bushnell glass is ok and it dials reliably, but it has no parallax adjustment (The SWFA scopes do). This requires you to have perfect cheekweld/eye alignment everytime because you will see the POA moving all around as you move your eye ever so slightly. It's good for teaching sight alignment but can be painful as you start shooting 800+ yds.

Added: Plus the SWFA mil-quad reticle is much more functional for ranging targets and holdovers.